Whip Up These Simple Sugar Cookies in Minutes!
Who doesn’t love a classic sugar cookie? These little treats are the perfect snack for any occasion, from after-school snacks to holiday gatherings. The best part is, they’re incredibly easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can whip up a batch of delicious sugar cookies in minutes.
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Gradually mix in the flour mixture until a dough forms.
5. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Serve and enjoy!
While sugar cookies may not be the healthiest snack option out there, they do have some surprising health benefits. For example, eggs are a great source of protein, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer. Plus, the calcium in butter can help support strong bones and teeth.
Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
A: You can, but keep in mind that the cookies may turn out slightly saltier than usual.
Q: Can I use a hand mixer instead of a stand mixer?
A: Yes, absolutely! A hand mixer will work just fine for this recipe.
Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
A: This recipe should make about 24 cookies, depending on the size of the dough balls.
Q: Can I add chocolate chips or other mix-ins?
A: Of course! Feel free to get creative and add in your favorite mix-ins. Chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and dried fruit would all be great options.
In conclusion, whip up these simple sugar cookies in minutes for a delicious and easy treat. While they may not be the healthiest snack option, they do have some surprising health benefits. Give them a try and see for yourself just how easy and tasty they can be!