What’s the Most Dangerous Food You’ve Ever Eaten? Here’s What People Said.

I’ve done some things in my life that some folks would consider risky: skydiving, skateboarding, playing hockey.

But when it comes to food…I have to admit I’m kind of a lightweight.

Don’t get me wrong, I like to try new stuff, but I don’t think I’d ever eat anything considered “dangerous”.

But these folks did!

People on AskReddit shared the most dangerous foods they’ve eaten. Let’s see what they said.

“Went on a study abroad to India. Our group went to a reception dinner at a local school, where the cooks had made a special northern delicacy for us.

It was a very yummy goat curry, and as I’m happily munching away, wiping my eyes every few minutes because it’s super spicy, of course, I crunch into something.

My throat immediately closed up and I’m fairly certain my face turned purple. It felt like I’d been doused in napalm, and also an elephant sat on me. A friend sitting next to me is looking at me like, “Dude, are you okay? What do we do??” and I’m just there trying to figure out how to breathe again.

I don’t want to offend anyone by spitting it out, so I just swallow it and immediately regret every decision that had brought me to that moment. I managed to get hold of the bowl of fresh mango they’d been passing around and just shoved a piece in my mouth and prayed.

Then I look around me and see that even the local folks are pulling these ugly little peppers out of their mouths without biting into them, just setting them to the side.

Turns out it was a Ghost Pepper curry and I, an asthmatic, chomped right into one without realizing it was there, and it was so freaking spicy it triggered an immediate asthma attack.

And I was so anxious and socially awkward that I just powered through it by sucking on a piece of mango until the tears had stopped enough for me to excuse myself to go find my bag and get my inhaler.”

“Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM.

It’s a dietary supplement that some people take to treat joint issues. My FIL was taking it and wanted me to try it because it has a very peculiar taste. He gave be a spoon that probably only had 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of the powder on it. I took it, tasted it, it was very bitter, and swallowed.

Within a few minutes my throat began to swell, I had some tightness to my chest and some wheezing plus some hives awhile later. I had started into anaphylaxis.

Luckily it didn’t proceed too far.

That’s how I discovered I was allergic to sulfur and/or sulfur compounds.”

“Chicken a friend of mine made.

She thought if you can eat a steak medium rare, it would be fine to marinate chicken, call it a chicken steak and eat it medium rare.”

“Bananas.

Apparent I’m allergic to them and didn’t know for the first 28 years of my life.

My daughter was describing how bananas make her throat itchy and that’s when my wife told me that wasn’t normal…

Still love them I’m just a bit more careful as to how many I consume.”

“Fried rattlesnake!

The guy didn’t tell me it was still filled with dozens of tiny ribs which lodged in the back of my mouth.

I had to reach in with my hand and pull them out before I felt safe to breathe again.”

“Fermented shark.

The taste itself was enough to make my stomach quiver, but worse were the flavor burps that lasted for two days that no amount of toothpaste/mouthwash could destroy.”

“I was like 7 years old at my grandmas and I found a muffin in her kitchen in the food pantry.

Turns out that s**t was at least 6 months old and was blue on the inside.

It wasn’t a blueberry muffin.”

“I accidentally ate a poisonous mushroom on vacation.

I was non-responsive and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.

To clarify: We had gotten a basket full of mushrooms from some friendly locals for dinner.

None of them were poisonous except the one I ate.

Nobody knew it was poisonous until I wouldn’t wake up later that night when I was in bed.”

“Tacos from Taco King in New York.

I had to get my stomach pumped.

I’ll never forget the agonizing pain and vomiting that it caused.”

“Bacon.

Almost choked to death when a long piece of fat that wasn’t properly cooked through got halfway stuck in my throat.”

“A chicken schnitzel from the Woolies deli.

I don’t know if it was me who cooked it wrong or the fact that it was sitting on display in the deli cabinet until the end of the day when the shop was closing but….

It gave me such violent gastro/food poisoning I thought I was going to die. I’d never experienced food poisoning before, my family had gone on holiday while I was home alone and I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t stand and could barely drink.

I didn’t have any appetite and when I forced myself to eat to survive, I would vomit or s**t it out immediately afterwards. I’ve never s**t myself before and I’ve never experienced s**t that was clear and watery because water was the only thing entering my body.

Realistically I SHOULD probably have gone to hospital but I’ve never been before and I didn’t want to put stress on them because they get so busy.

Now that it’s all over, I’ll always appreciate being able to eat food and have it stay inside me. And also never buy chicken schnitzel from the deli in the supermarket ever again.”

“Beef salad from a street vendor in Bangkok.

Watched as the salad was prepared on the same, unwashed, bloody cutting board used to prepare the raw beef and still decided it was okay to eat.

By some stroke of luck I made it out okay, but my two friends who ate it with me had diarrhea for days.”

What’s the most dangerous food YOU’VE ever eaten?

Talk to us in the comments.

Thanks a lot!

Source link

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content is protected !!