America’s Next Top Model (ANTM) has been a pop culture sensation since its debut in 2003. The reality show, hosted by supermodel Tyra Banks, has helped launch the careers of countless models. ANTM covers all aspects of the modeling industry from casting calls to photo shoots, runways to social media. But what comes next after ANTM? What should fans of the classic reality show watch to continue their love affair with fashion and modeling?
Here is a list of TV shows and movies for anyone looking for a new modeling fix.
1. Project Runway – Project Runway, hosted by Tim Gunn, is a competition series that has up-and-coming fashion designers create awe-inspiring clothes according to weekly challenges. The show showcases the creative thinking and skills required to be a top designer.
2. The Face – The Face is a modeling competition overseen by three industry legends – Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova, and Coco Rocha. The aspiring models compete against each other for a chance to be signed by a top modeling agency and front major campaigns.
3. Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid – Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid is a modeling competition show hosted by none other than supermodel Yolanda Hadid. The show features six aspiring teenage models living with their mothers in New York, as they learn the skills needed to rise to the top of the industry.
4. Gia – Gia is a classic 1998 film based on the life of the late supermodel Gia Carangi, starring Angelina Jolie. The movie tells the story of Carangi’s journey from the glamor of modeling to addiction and tragedy.
5. The Models – The Models is a documentary series that captures the life of modeling through behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. The models featured in the series include legendary names like Helena Christensen, Shalom Harlow, Cindy Crawford, and Christy Turlington-Burns.
6. Model Squad – Model Squad follows a group of stunning models such as Shanina Shaik, Devon Windsor, and Olivia Culpo, as they navigate the high-pressure world of fashion and the modeling industry. The series, which premiered in 2018, shows the models’ successes and failures as they try to make it big in the industry.
7. America’s Got Talent – Although it’s not primarily a modeling competition, America’s Got Talent frequently features aspiring models who incorporate their modeling skills into their acts. From dance routines to creative costume designs, there’s plenty of modeling talent on display in every season of America’s Got Talent.
Q: Are all the shows listed suitable for everyone?
A: Most of the shows listed are family-friendly, but some may feature language and mature content that may not be suitable for young children.
Q: Are all the movies listed family-friendly?
A: No, the movies listed may contain mature themes, language, and content that may not be suitable for younger audiences.
Q: Are all the shows listed currently available to watch?
A: Some of the shows may no longer be airing, but all of the shows listed should be available through various streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.
Q: Do I have to be interested in the modeling industry to enjoy these shows and movies?
A: No, the shows and movies listed provide entertainment to anyone interested in reality shows, documentaries, biographies, and dramatic films.
In conclusion, if you have been a fan of ANTM, it’s only logical you would be interested in other reality shows and movies that celebrate the modeling industry’s beauty, creativity, and drama. So sit back and enjoy some of these great shows and movies as you continue to explore the world of modeling.