What Stadia Is Promising For Video Gaming Without a Console?
Stadia: Anyone who has played video games in the past knows that a console is necessary for playing. But Google is about to change this with Stadia, a unique gaming system.
Stadia will be available on November 19 for premium members. It will be open to the public in early 2020.
Stadia will provide people with access to various entertaining video games. But what makes Stadia different is that it doesn’t require a traditional console. The layout of Stadia makes it a whole lot different from what people might expect out of the gaming world.
How Does Stadia Work?
Google Stadia use a distinct way of playing. This will with the user not having to get far too many things to keep it working:
- The user will plug one’s Google Chromecast Ultra into the HDMI port on a television set. The Chromecast device provides people with access to various streaming and online apps. Stadia will be compatible with the Chromecast.
- The user then downloads the Stadia app and logs into one’s account.
- The person can purchase a game to play on Stadia.
- The user then logs into the game and starts playing. An HID-class USB controller is required, although Google will make its own Stadia controller that reduces potential input latency.
- All information on one’s game will be saved on a cloud network. The user can save things to one’s Stadia account and play from any device that has Stadia support. The effort is provided that the user has access to one’s login information.
What Does the User Require?
The user will need the following to use Stadia:
- Google Chromecast Ultra
- HID-class USB controller, preferably the Stadia controller
- 10 Mbit/s connection for 720p stereo playback, 20 Mbit/s for 1080p and 5.1 surround sound, or 35 Mbit/s for 4K video
Free If Desired
An intriguing part of what Google is offering with Stadia is that people can access it for free so long as they have the Chromecast device. It will cost money to buy games to play, although the cost will vary by game.
The free version of Stadia provides support for 1080p video and stereo sound. People can also pay $9.99 per month for access to the Stadia Pro system. The Stadia Pro feature offers up to 4K video and 5.1 surround sound, not to mention players can get discounts on select games.
What Games Are There?
The variety of games on Stadia includes many of the most anticipated and popular games around. Among the games available in 2019 include Red Dead Redemption 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Metro Exodus, and Borderlands 3. There will be many other games coming in the future, including Cyberpunk 2077, Gods and Monsters, Destroy All Humans, and Doom Eternal.
The development of Google Stadia will make for a huge development in the video game world. It will be enticing to see how Google Stadia works and how it can provide people with access to many of the top games all around.