The Fate franchise has been a popular anime series that has taken a large following in the anime world. The franchise has expanded into various spin-offs, manga, and games. With so many different series, it can be difficult to figure out what order to watch the Fate series in. In this article, we will explore the different series and provide a recommended watch order to get the best experience from this anime series.
The order in which you watch the fate series can significantly affect your overall experience with the series. It is recommended to watch the series in the following order:
1. Fate/Stay Night: This is the starting point of the series and is the original work that started the entire franchise. The series is divided into three routes known as the Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven’s Feel. It is recommended to start with the Fate route as it introduces the main characters and their backgrounds.
2. Fate/Zero: This series serves as a prequel to Fate/Stay Night and is set 10 years before the events of the original series. The series focuses on the Fourth Holy Grail War and introduces new characters who were not present in the original series. It is recommended to watch Fate/Zero after completing the Fate route of Fate/Stay Night.
3. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works: This series serves as a remake of the second route of the original Fate/Stay Night series. It follows a different storyline than the Fate route and focuses on the relationship between protagonist Shirou Emiya and heroine Rin Tohsaka. It is recommended to watch this after completing the Fate route.
4. Fate/Stay Night Movie: Heaven’s Feel: This series focuses on the third route of the original Fate/Stay Night series and has not been fully released yet. The story follows Sakura Matou, who is a major character in the Fate route of the series. It is recommended to watch this after completing both the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works routes.
5. Fate/Apocrypha: This series takes place in an alternate timeline from Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero and features two factions fighting to obtain the Holy Grail. It introduces new characters and features a 14 vs 14 team battle royale instead of the traditional 7 vs 7. It is recommended to watch after completing all the previous series.
6. Fate/Grand Order: This series is based on the mobile game of the same name and follows the protagonist Ritsuka Fujimaru as he travels through different timelines and dimensions to save humanity from destruction. It introduces new characters and features a mix of science fiction and fantasy elements. It is recommended to watch after completing all the previous series.
1. Do I need to watch Fate/Stay Night before watching Fate/Zero?
Yes, it is recommended to watch Fate/Stay Night before watching Fate/Zero as it serves as a prequel to the original series and introduces new characters that were not present in the original series.
2. Can I watch Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works before Fate/Stay Night?
It is not recommended to watch Unlimited Blade Works before Fate/Stay Night as it assumes that the viewer is familiar with the events of the Fate route.
3. What do the different routes of Fate/Stay Night mean?
The different routes of Fate/Stay Night are alternative storylines that occur based on the choices made by the protagonist. The three routes include Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven’s Feel.
4. Are the different Fate series connected?
Yes, all of the Fate series are connected and are set in the same universe. They feature recurring characters, locations, and themes.
The Fate series is an incredible anime franchise that has accumulated a vast following over the years. To get the best experience from the series, it is recommended to follow the order mentioned above. With the recommended watch order, you can easily understand the story and fully appreciate the characters and progression involved in the series. So, what are you waiting for? Get started and experience this fantastic anime series today!