UPTET Notification 2023: Uttar Pradesh Teaching Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a State Eligibility Test conducted by Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) to find various suitable candidates for different teaching posts at various Government & Government-aided schools across the state. The state-level UPTET examination is held once a year to recruit eligible teachers for the primary (classes 1 to 5) and upper primary (classes 6 to 8) classes. UP TET 2023 Exam will be conducted soon in the various exam centres. We will update all the information related to UPTET 2023, make sure you keep visiting this space. The details about UPTET 2023 including the application form, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, exam date, and other information will be uploaded on the official website .
UPTET 2023 Exam
UPTET is the minimum qualification required in Uttar Pradesh for a person to be eligible for an appointment as a teacher for Classes I to VIII. Any applicant can appear in both UPTET paper 1 and paper 2. Paper 1 is for the candidates who want to be a teacher of Class 1st to Class 5th. Paper 2 is for those who want to teach classes from 6th to 8th. UPTET 2023 Examination will be conducted in 2 sessions. The Primary Level Teachers exam will be held in the morning session (10:00 am to 12:30 pm) and Upper Primary Level Teachers in the evening session (02:30 pm to 05:00 pm).
UPTET 2023 Notification
UPTET 2023 Notification PDF and online application link will be released by UPBEB for conducting the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test on www.updeled.gov.in. The complete details about the eligibility test are included in the detailed advertisement. The candidates who have been preparing for the UPTET 2023 Exam must stay tuned to get the latest information about the UPTET 2023 exam by reading this article. Over 16 lakh candidates appear for the UPTET exam every year. Check the Official UPTET 2021 Notification PDF for reference.
UPTET 2021 Official Notification – Download PDF
UPTET 2021 Exam Details & Guidelines
UPTET 2023- Exam Summary
Before moving to further details, let’s have an overview of the UPTET 2023 Exam from the below table if you are planning to appear in the eligibility test for Primary or Upper Primary level teaching jobs. To know complete details about the exam, you must go through the complete article as we have discussed each detail for UPTET Exam here.
The Uttar Pradesh board will conduct the UPTET 2023 in two shifts and the dates will be announced along with the UPTET Notification 2023 which is expected to be released shortly. The important dates for UPTET 2023 exam will be updated the below table:
UPTET Exam Date 2023- Important Dates
UPTET 2023 Events
UPTET Notification 2023
UPTET Application Form starts on
UPTET Application Form ends on
Last Date for Making Fee Payment
Last Date to Printout the application form
Release of UPTET Admit Card
UPTET Exam Date 2023
Release of UPTET Answer Key
UPTET Result 2023
UPTET 2023 Application Form
UPTET 2023 Online Registration process will be conducted for a short span of time and dates will be announced along with the UPTET Notification. Candidates are required to keep a valid mobile number, email id, passport size photograph, signature, and other important documents while applying for UPTET 2023. All the candidates interested to know about Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test can click on the direct link mentioned below.
UPTET 2023 Online Application Form Link [Inactive]
Last Year, over 21 lakh candidates registered for the UPTET exam as compared to nearly 16 lakh registrations done in 2019. Out of the total applications received in 2021, over 11.47 lakh appeared in the Primary level exam and over 7.65 lakh appeared in the Upper-Primary level.
Registration for Primary Level
Registration for Upper-Primary Level
UPTET 2023 Application Fee
The category wise online application fee for UPTET 2023 Paper-I & Paper-II exam is mentioned below:
Only Paper – I or II
Both Paper- I & II
Differently Abled Person
UPTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must apply after reading the eligibility criteria to appear in the Paper-I and Paper-II of the UPTET 2023 exam: Here are the broad pointers:
UPTET Educational Qualification
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-I (Primary-Level Teachers): The applicants need to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to meet UPTET eligibility for Paper-I:
– Candidates should clear graduation in any discipline from UGC-recognized Universities/Institutions. However, after the completion of graduation, pursuing a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) is mandatory. Candidates in the final year of DElEd are also eligible to apply
– Candidates should clear their graduation and post that should pass the Basic Training Certificate (BTC) for distance education. Candidates in the final year are also eligible to apply.
– Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also be pursuing a Bachelor of Education (BEd).
– Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 45 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete BEd.
– Candidates should complete their graduation along with BTC in Urdu. Candidates in the final year are also eligible to apply.
– Candidates should complete their graduation and also possess a diploma in teaching from Aligarh Muslim University.
– Candidates should have completed their graduation and acquired the degree of Moavill-E-Urdu before August 08, 1997.
– Candidates should complete their class 12th with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete the four-year duration Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd).
UPTET Eligibility for Paper-II (Upper Primary-Level Teachers): The applicants have to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to gain UPTET eligibility for applying in Paper II:
– Candidates should complete their graduation from a recognised college or university. Along with this, candidates should also complete a two-year duration DElEd (BTC).
– Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete BEd/ BEd Special Education. Candidates in the final year of BEd/ BEd Special Education are also eligible to apply.
– Candidates should complete their class 12th with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Along with this, candidates should complete a four-year duration BScEd/ BSc BEd from a UGC/ National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) recognised institution. Candidates in the final year of BScEd/ BSc BEd are also eligible to apply.
– Candidates should complete their class 12th with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete four-year BElEd. Candidates in the final year of BElEd are also eligible to apply.
– Candidates should complete their graduation with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete a one-year duration BEd. Candidates in the final year of BEd are also eligible to apply.
UPTET Age Limit and Relaxation
Candidates should be between 18 and 35 years of age to apply for the UPTET exam. However, there is no limit on the number of attempts that candidates can take for the UPTET exam.
Check UPTET Eligibility Criteria in Detail
UPTET 2023 Selection Process
The UPTET selection process includes the following stages:
Step 1- The UPTET exam consists of two papers. Paper-I needs to be given by aspirants who plan to teach classes 1-5. Paper-II needs to be given by candidates who plan to teach classes 6-8. Candidates who plan to teach classes 1-8 need to appear for both papers.
Step 2- UPTET result is announced by UPBEB on the official website of the exam. Candidates scoring a minimum of 60 percent marks in the written test are declared UPTET qualified.
Step 3- Candidates qualifying for the written test are issued an eligibility certificate by UPBEB. Candidates having the certificate are eligible to apply for teaching jobs in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. The Validity of UPTET has been revised to be valid for a lifetime. Till now the UPTET certificate was valid for only five years.
UPTET 2023 Exam Pattern
UPTET Exam Pattern 2023 for Primary Stage (Paper I for class I to class V), Duration of Examination: Two and a half hours (150 minutes)
UPTET 2023 Topics
No of Questions
Child Development and Pedagogy
Language I (Hindi)
Language II (English/ Urdu/ Sanskrit)
UPTET 2023 Exam Pattern for Junior Level Teachers (Paper-II for Classes VI to VIII), Duration of examination: Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes)
UPTET 2023 Topics
No of Questions
Child Development and Pedagogy
Science and Mathematics (OR) Social Science
UPTET 2023 Syllabus
UPTET Syllabus 2023 is released every year along with its official website by Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB). The UPTET syllabus for paper-I and II will contain a list of subjects and topics from which questions will be asked in the teacher eligibility test. Candidates can check UPTET 2023 Syllabus. It is a good strategy to go in and out of the syllabus of the exam before start preparing for the exam.
Check UPTET 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
UPTET Previous Year Question Paper PDF
UPTET 2023 Validity
Previously, the marks scored by a candidate through UPTET Exam were valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issue, however, the validity of certification has been revised to be valid till lifetime. The qualified candidates can anytime grab a teaching job in the primary level or upper primary level with its UPTET Marks. The revised validity for UPTET Scores has been made effective from 2011.
UPTET 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for any government exam will be released around a month for the candidates who have successfully registered for UPTET Exam. The candidates have to download UPTET Admit Card from the official website only as no hardcopy or email regarding the hall tickets will be sent by the authority. The admit card for UPTET 2023 Paper-I & Paper-II will be issued separately.
Click for UPTET 2023 Admit Card Details
UPTET 2023 Answer Key
UPTET 2023 Answer Key will be released around a month later the exam day is conductedon the official website of UPBEB. The candidates can calculate their approximate marks with the correct responses released by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board on its official website. The window for raising objection will also be activated facilitating the candidates to challenge the questions or answers released.
Click for UPTET Answer Key Details
UPTET 2023 Result
The result for UPTET 2023 will be released officially post-release of the final answer key. The result of the UPTET 2023 exam will be released announcing the names of the candidates who clear the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test and will be issued the UPTET Certification for the same.
Click for UPTET Result 2023
UPTET 2023 Cut-Off
UPTET 2023 Cut-Off will be declared once the result for the same has been released. UPTET Cut Off 2023 will be the minimum required marks to qualify the eligibility test. The cut-off will be declared on the date of the result and is prepared on the basis of the difficulty level of the UPTET 2023 Exam, the number of applicants appeared, and vacancies to be filled.
UPTET 2023 Exam Centre
The UPTET Exam was held in 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh for which the postcode and district names have been listed below.