One day I was born then one day I discovered that I was only making mistakes with my freezer, mistakes with my garbage can and mistakes with my hair dryer. From there to say that my life is only an accumulation of failures? Certainly. So to continue my momentum, here are the mistakes (that we all make) not to be made with our stoves.
PS: to illustrate this top, I will share with you the photos of the hottest stoves in the region.
1. Rinse it warm with cold water
In the kitchen, we don’t like too drastic, even radicalized temperature changes. You risk deforming your gear and damaging the coating. Please allow your stove to cool down quietly before cleaning it.
2. Cooking too long
Having cooked food is cool (some would say it’s swag even). Having overcooked food is not cool (some would say it’s even cancel). Quite simply because it makes you lose vitamins in your pittance, but vitamins are great (I had -12 in the nutritionist’s baccalaureate). So we cook things in moderation, thank you.
3. Give food time to darken
At the same time it’s quite logical, I don’t know who wants to bland a charred steak without thinking that it’s a little bit bad for your health. In addition, overcooked foods that begin to emit smoke are more carcinogenic so not sure it’s worth risking your life.
4. Use it right away when it is not yet very hot
No need to swing your piece of bidoche on a pan that is still warm. The food must be seized with a very hot frying pan. So don’t be afraid to let it heat up for a minute or two before putting your fat in it (I’m talking about butter eh, I’ll never allow myself to talk about your diet) then just a minute later you throw in it what you plan to cook.
5. Buy a cheap frying pan
Admittedly, when you’re not a cooking fanatic you don’t want to invest a thousand and cents in this kind of product, yet the pans that cost nothing are often of lower quality and will last shorter life, that’s why it is also advisable to change it on average once every two years (less with a quality pan, so over time you will find yourself there on the price).
6. Scratch the coating in yolo mode
Be careful, this is the worst of the worst in the history of the worst. Non-stick pans contain chemicals in their coating. So when you poke them with a fork or cut the food directly into the pan (the thing you NEVER EVER do), you form scratches that can be highly carcinogenic to your little body. A greatly reduced risk with ceramic or stainless steel pans.
Yeah I know it’s shocking, I’m currently getting rid of all pans hoping to have at least another ten years of life expectancy.
7. Clean the pan with the scraping side of the sponge
Bah yes because it damages it. After a while I hope you have understood that stoves should be taken care of like your own child. And what don’t you do with your child? Put it in the dishwasher. Well the frying pan is the same.
8. Put it on your head and tell your guests “look, I’m on the stove” to amuse the gallery
Not only is it not funny but you will also lose part of your scalp because the pan had reached 180°C.