Like I know you all are completely bland secrets of shooting movies and series, that you are never satisfied and that you always want more, here are others. Only, I must warn you, this new salvo of filming secrets should turn your head upside down, or even drive you completely crazy. Maybe it has something to do with the whole thing being completely wrong, who knows.
1. In order to avoid depression for the film crews, the film “Bienvenue chez les Ch’tis” was not shot in the North but in Lyon
Table of Contents
A wise decision which, according to the production, would have avoided tens of thousands of euros in fees for psychology sessions.
2. To create the sound effects of the Dementors in Harry Potter 3, Alfonso Cuarón used baby wipes rubbed against plaster
The result is impressive.
3. Belle from Belle and Sebastian is a child in a dog costume
The young actor would have been euthanized at the end of the shooting because he did not want to return to a normal life and pissed on the walls.
4. The actors of Pirates of the Caribbean had to complete a 3-month catamaran internship before filming for more realism
5. In Spielberg’s Tintin it is not really Tintin who plays Tintin but it is Captain Haddock who plays Captain Haddock
I myself took a month to understand this information.
6. Dobby from the Harry Potter franchise is played by the brother of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings franchise
And I tell you that in all honesty.
7. In the movie Titanic, 5 trainees had to be hyperventilated to produce the fog in the car
And the hand visible in the scene would be that of James Cameron, Kate Winslet being absent from filming that day for family reasons.
8. In the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit saga, the props had to take the hobbit actors in helicopters to very high altitudes so that their feet would swell.
An ecological disaster, as much to tell you.
9. Captain America’s shield actually hides a boomerang inside to make him come back without special effects
Sometimes a cheap tip is worth millions in post-production.
10. In the Spiderman films, the actor never moves, we simply painted a New York decor on a giant sphere to make it spin around him
The sphere was moved by a giant hamster which was then erased during editing.
11. The cinematographer of the episode “The Long Night” (Game of Thrones) carried out the entire filming under MDMA to have the pupils in hyper dilation
He therefore found the scenes “a bit too bright”, hence the completely dark and imbitable result that we were served.
12. During the scenes of cannibalism in the movie “Red Dragon”, Anthony Hopkins was served meat from interns.
Yes it may be cruel but the film was all the more realistic.
13. The film Gravity was entirely shot in the free fall simulator at La Villette in Paris
The wind tunnel noises were then replaced with Sandra Bullock’s breathing noises.
14. In the final scene of Crystal Trap, Alan Rickman actually fell from the 58th floor of Nakatomi Plaza.
For security reasons, a yoga mat was placed downstairs to receive him.
15. The “Déjà Vu” scene with the black cat in The Matrix required 2 weeks of intensive training for the cat to be able to repeat the exact same scene twice.
A perfectly useless but nevertheless fascinating feat.
16. In Jurassic Park, dinosaurs weren’t the only animatronics used on set, Jeff Goldblum was also recreated as a mechanized puppet because he wasn’t free during production.
We must admit that we see only fire.
17. Bryan Cranston was inoculated with cancer to better portray Walter White in Breaking Bad.
A nice snub to those who find Breaking Bad overrated.
18. Tom Cruise really joined the US Secret Service before Mission: Impossible 1.
He would have killed 12 men, and we are careful not to talk about it in the magazines.
19. Jack Nicholson wore a beanie in some of the One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest scenes because he was cold.
No phew this filming secret, I grant you.
20. The Green Line was actually blue
It was repainted green by a team of 8 craftsmen.