As naive and innocent as we are, we tend to imagine that in the 21st century everyone has pretty much understood that rape is wrong and that it is always the fault of the aggressor and not of the victim. assaulted. Well, not at all. There are always, almost everywhere on our beautiful planet, people who have a “particular” – if not completely stupid – perception of this type of sexual assault.
1. “Rape, ultimately, is a romantic relationship that one part of the two wishes. The second could make an effort…” Stéphane Ravier, FN Senator for Bouches-du-Rhône
Apparently it was second degree to explain that cannabis should not be legalized because it would be equivalent to legalizing rape, but oddly that does not reassure us at all about the mentality of the boy.
2. “Rihanna’s looks on stage invite, at worst, rape, at best, disrespect.” Liz Jones, columnist at the Daily Mail
So a woman. A woman who explains to us that “well, even if we don’t dress appropriately, we shouldn’t be surprised that odds and ends happen to us”. Well well well.
3. “She was 16. Why was she so drunk she couldn’t remember anything? It could have been worse.” Serena Williams, tennis player
Let’s clarify the context: Serena speaks here of a 16-year-old girl who was therefore raped by two friends while she was drunk. But obviously none of this would have happened if this little girl had watched her drinking.
4. “She doesn’t deserve to be raped because she’s so ugly. She’s not my type.” Jair Bolsonaro, who was then only a Brazilian deputy, let us specify
Well on this subject I refer you directly to the most incredible Bolsonaro quotes because this guy is a real purge.
5. “Rape is less serious than abortion.” Giovanni Battista Re, Cardinal of the Catholic Church.
And that’s why this gentleman excommunicated a 9-year-old girl who had had an abortion (as well as her mother and the doctors) and not her nice step-dad who had raped her. This is a beautiful person.
6. “To avoid rape, you young girls should avoid drinking too much.” Lai Tung-kwok, Hong Kong Security Secretary.
This gentleman would get along well with Serena Williams.
7. “It was extremely rare for a woman to become pregnant after a sexual assault. If it really is rape, the female body has ways of preventing fertilization.” Todd Akin, member of the Republican Party.
So if we get raped, don’t worry: access to our uterus is automatically locked by a clever sleight of hand. It’s good to know.
8. “When rape can’t be prevented, it’s better to take advantage of it.” Ranjit Sinha, former Indian police chief and now deceased (but we won’t regret it too much, huh)
But it is of course: why bother struggling or calling for help when you can calmly enjoy this magnificent act of love and respect?
9. “I wondered for a long time, but I realized that life was this offering of God and I think that even if life begins in this horrible situation that is rape, it is something that results from the will of God.” Richard Mourdock, Treasurer of Indiana.
A man as we like them: fine, intelligent, open.
10. “The 14-year-old victim is as responsible for the situation as her 54-year-old rapist.” Todd Baugh, judge in Montana
Judge who therefore sentenced said rapist to 30 days in prison. A sentence largely commensurate with the abuse suffered by this young girl who undoubtedly sought it out.
11. “I think when you get married, you’re consenting to have sex. That’s the concept, so I don’t know, but those girls probably lacked sex education.” Phyllis Schlafly, American lawyer
This lady has a priori never heard of marital rape. It’s funny because it still represents 30% of rapes committed in France each year. That’s a bit of a mouthful, huh Phyllis?
12. “If women dress provocatively, then rape issues are no longer within the purview of the police.” Dinesh Reddy, Andhra Pradesh Police Chief.
“And in addition they dare to leave their homes the idiots??! These girls really have no dignity, a shame. »
13. “It’s like the weather, it’s unavoidable. So relax and enjoy.” Clayton Williams, American politician.
The best of the Republican Party. Well, the guy had made up for it by saying it was a blagounette. Obviously we don’t have the same sense of humor.
14. “Rape wouldn’t exist if women were as strong as men” Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump’s ex-campaign manager
Well, it’s not like she didn’t work for the most disgusting misogynist in the world.
15. “You can come during a rape” Brigitte Lahaie
OK we like Brigitte Lahaie but we must admit that she said a huge bullshit.