Normally, what is scary in the preparation of a wedding, it is the wedding failures: a caterer who cancels, a witness who loses the rings, or even – but very rarely – a bridesmaid who recites the alphabet while burping in full ceremony. But, sometimes, what is really scary is the bride and groom themselves and their insane requests to organize their ceremony. The “happiest day of their life” then turns into a huge nightmare for everyone else. A word of advice if you receive an invitation from these people: run away.
1. The bride and groom want guests to pay for their food.
“Okay, I was hesitant to post on this topic, but over time, I’m becoming more inclined to do so, and I seriously need your opinion on this topic… it’s not for a friend, but for me, because I am completely amazed by what is happening:
We received a very nice wedding invitation in the mail and responded well before the deadline with our choice of dinner for two. A few days later, we receive a sweet voicemail of thanks (for responding) followed by A REQUEST FOR $150.00 TO COVER DINNER AT $75.00 per person!!! PARDOOOOO?!?!?
Has anyone ever heard of this kind of stuff???? What is this madness ?!?! By the way, this is not a wedding abroad and even for those we have attended before, we have NEVER had to PAY for a plate!! Help !! »
2. She wants to pay £30 for a wedding dress instead of £75 and have it delivered to her
“_ Sorry, you want me to reduce it by 60% and drop it off for free at your house in 1h30 round trip? I’m just asking to be sure.
_ Yes if it’s OK
_ That’s crazy. That would mean I would have to pay to give you the dress. I was nice giving you a big discount and would have considered dropping out if you covered the expenses. If you want the dress for £30 (it’s worth £700 so it’s a ridiculous deal) you can pick it up
_ I don’t have the money at the moment. Fuel money.
_ Sorry but I can’t pay with my own money and time to give you a dress for free”
3. She wants a free photographer for her wedding
I am looking for a wedding photographer
I’m a local model and I’m getting married! I’m looking for a photographer and thought why not collaborate with some of the amazing photographers here! You may save and use all photos for a wedding portfolio.
(Food, drink and dancing will of course be free and included for you! We can discuss compensation for travel/accommodation etc.)
Very easygoing, low maintenance, open to all styles of photography! Do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to collaborate and work together! »
4. She leaves to get married without telling anyone but still asks for money
“Hi friends and family! I have decided to leave to get married in Antigua! #Honeymoon
Instead of a regular wedding list, we’re asking our loved ones to donate towards our honeymoon and first-time home purchase fundraiser! You can either donate to our Honeyfund (super secure online donation portal) or to us directly.
All contributions are greatly appreciated to make this big day and our future even more special. Thank you all ! We love you guys! »
5. The bride and groom who expected a little more money from their guests
“I would say that I am a little disappointed with the participants in my kitty. I have been to many weddings and donated money. We really need this help as our flight and trip has already been paid for… so please help us, we will have a big party afterwards, and I want to invite everyone who is attending. »
6. The bride is looking for a cheap photographer/videographer who meets all her requests
“I searched on this site for a month and I did not find what I was looking for, someone help me. I am looking for a VIDEOGRAPHER or PHOTOGRAPHER for 3-4 hours who:
– Will be available on May 1. Marriage is in the North
– Won’t charge me a fee to post my videos/photos on social media or ask me to tag it EVERY TIME I post them.
– Does not require full payment before the wedding date. I can pay a deposit, but I would prefer to pay the balance once I see you at the wedding. After all, I still have to trust you to produce a video, at least assure me that you are real and ready to work.
– Can work with my $600 budget. If you charge travel fees, service fees and additional taxes, the final payment will be $800. You will exceed my budget.
– Has some experience. If you only have 2 videos to show off your work, you’re too inexperienced to do my wedding.
I hope someone meets these criteria. Thanks for your help ! »
7. The girl is a wedding photographer so she thinks she has the right to scam other photographers.
Client: “I’m looking for VERY avant-garde photos for my wedding. You will have to be present all day, with 6 hours of posed photos plus the wedding. I will need a DVD of all edited photos in high resolution and you will be compensated for $150. I might also be willing to let you do a “Dressing the Dress” shoot with me the next day. »
In response, I sent a short (but polite) email stating that I could not meet the requirements at the quoted rate.
Client: “Listen, asshole, I know how it works. I’ve been a wedding photographer for 15 years and earn over $8,000 a day. »
8. 400$, no less
” Hi everyone !!
You all know that my wedding is coming up in October!!!
I’ve already sent out all the invitations. That means most of you got them! Thanks for those who have already answered. If this is not the case, please confirm your presence by Sunday, otherwise we will not be able to receive you. That being said, I would like to share our gift list to everyone!! To everyone coming to my wedding, there’s a list of gifts you can bring. You MUST choose from the list or consult me first. There are no exceptions. The list includes:
1. KitchenAid appliances over $350, this does NOT mean regular kitchen items like an apron or spatula. I’m talking about their mixer, blender, etc.
2. Gucci or Louis Vuitton handbags. Other handbags are allowed but please consult me first
3. Clothes over $400 from Calvin Klein, Moschino or Nora’s
4. A new floor tile for the whole house (I know this one is a bit over the top but I would appreciate it)
5. A new car, or anything car-related
7. Gift cards of $400 or more to any of the following: Fifth Sak’s Avenue, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Whole Foods, Sprouts, maybe even JCPenny. Other locations are acceptable but please ask me first.
8. Korean or Asian beauty products for a total of $400 or more
9. HIGH QUALITY paintings or decorations totaling $400 or more
10. A cash donation of $400 or more
So, as you can see, there’s a lot going on here. I expect everyone to spend AT LEAST $400 on wedding gifts. I will accept slightly lower amounts as long as you tell me first. Plus, it’s first come, first served. Here is a link to the spreadsheet where you can find who brings what. Don’t forget to get there early if you don’t want to give me a Gucci handbag or something else you don’t want to take!
Thank you “
9. No car is good enough in his eyes.
“_ I am looking to borrow a car for my wedding on 28/12, we will need it from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thank you “
First offer :
“_ I can lend you my Tesla Model 3 if you want
_ Seriously ? A model 3? Switch to a Model X and I might reconsider your offer.
_ Man, it’s just an option, you don’t have to be an asshole
_ You offer me a model 3 and you think I’m the idiot?
_ Dude it’s a nice car, it’s brand new. All you have to say is “no”
_ Ok then NO”
Second offer :
“_ I will be away so I can’t come to your wedding. You can borrow my M3 if you want
_ lol no thanks!! I’m looking for something at least over $100,000, it’s for my wedding, not to celebrate my 18th birthday”
10. Just that!
“_ Hey I know it’s a bit last minute but would you be able to make a wedding cake for Sunday lunch?
_ I may be able to do something by Sunday, but it will depend on what you want to achieve
_ Something like that but not too big. I’m only expecting 300 people.
_ Lol oh wowww. I’m sorry it’s impossible to do this in such a short time.
_ OK I understand. But are you quite sure? On TV, they bake cakes bigger than this in a short time. Are you a beginner?
_ Have a good evening. »
11. How about free while we’re at it?
“Wedding photographers? Available February 22? $200 max »
12. You’re not invited, but you can still drop some money
“Although we would like you to attend our wedding, unfortunately our hall cannot accommodate everyone. We are sure to keep you in our hearts during this celebration of love. If you want to congratulate the bride and groom, rather than a register, they accept money to help with a beautiful honeymoon. »
13. It makes you want to come
Hello, I am the wedding coordinator for X and X. I am contacting all confirmed guests to make a final point and go over some rules for the wedding day.
First of all, do you always come with a +1?
The rules :
1. Please arrive 15-30 minutes early.
2. Please DO NOT wear white, cream or ivory.
3. Please don’t wear anything other than a bob or ponytail.
4. Please don’t wear makeup completely.
5. Do not film during the ceremony.
6. Do not register on FB until prompted.
7. Use the hashtag provided for this purpose when posting photos on the networks
8. DON’T TALK TO THE BRIDE AT ALL.
9. Everyone toasts with Rémy. No exceptions.
10. Finally, you must come with a gift of $75 or more if you want to be admitted.
If you have any questions or need clarification, please call me directly. Thank you. »
14. “Please lose weight for me”
“Welcome to my wedding party, […]
Just a few things to ask. I picked out all the bridesmaids dresses that will be there and they will all be size 8. So if you are not a size 8 I recommend going to the venue lol. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ve been planning this since I’ve been in diapers and want it to be perfect. Your nails should be cut short and uncolored. Hair should be shoulder length and slicked back, so if your hair is short, get extensions […]
One last thing, I will send my Lydia account to those who have not paid the $500 gift for a honeymoon in Hawaii”