Ecology comes little by little. The good news is that the more we start to look into this stormy question, the more we change our behavior and we always gain ground at our own pace on the small gestures then the medium gestures until becoming radical green (it’s when you feed exclusively on radishes and kale). In the meantime, no one is perfect and it happens that despite all the good will in the world, paradoxes persist. And sometimes it’s a little ridiculous.
1. Eat vegan food…but get it delivered
Holy subject of daily debate within all companies. It’s all very well to eat good things that are ultra in line with our humanist values, but if for that you have to call on an underpaid bicycle delivery man who has survived 17 accidents on the way, it’s not necessarily great.
2. No more bathing… but drinking water from plastic bottles
Plastic bottles, we don’t like thataaaaaaaaa.
3. Do not eat meat… but feed your dog beef kibbles
Another alternative: do not eat meat… but gorge yourself on avocado, soy and a whole bunch of foods that come from the other side of the planet and whose consumption is in no way better for the environment. .
4. Don’t fly…but take an Uber for any trip
Even if you put your bike in its trunk, it doesn’t work.
5. Eat healthy, organic, seasonal products from short circuits… but smoke firecrackers and take various drugs every evening
Hey wait, it’s not bad enough to take charge of a part of your life, you can’t do everything at once, give us two minutes.
6. Drinking plain wine… but drinking too much of it and puking it drunk in the toilet
Natural wine is nice. The problem with natural wine is that we drink too much of it because we think it’s good for our health. Well, I don’t know about you, but that’s how I see things. And that can lead to some excesses.
7. Buy Made in France products… but on Amazon
Yes well what, it is true that it is more practical.
8. Revolting over the fires in Australia… by sharing videos on the networks
Yes, because the videos that we share with all the good conscience in the world nevertheless represent an energy cost. Overall as soon as you watch a streaming video, it has a carbon impact. And at the same time it’s the only way we have to communicate on climate change. ARG HOW DO WE DO IT? We also have to say goodbye to Youtube, Netflix and all streaming platforms?? In theory, yes. In practice, watching videos in low definition is already better.
9. Talking about global warming… at a heated terrace
Heated… because you smoke but still don’t want to curdle your loaves when you drink your glass of pinard outside. But that is now over in the city of Rennes, and normally, it should be banned everywhere by next spring in France.
10. Choose a green electricity supplier… but leave the heating on with the windows open
Or leave all your devices on in standby. The positive side is that “green” electricity suppliers cost on average 20% more than traditional suppliers, so if you don’t want to spend too much on your bill, you can start making some usage restrictions. Anyway, we now have winters at 20°C so no need to put the heating on. YOUHOU.
11. (BONUS NEWS THAT MAKES PLEASURE) When you go to COP 26 to act against climate change, but you go there by private jet
It’s not easy to keep hope when world leaders mobilize 400 private jets to travel to the biggest climate conference in Glasgow. For real change, it doesn’t seem to be happening on this side… But YAY 40 countries have committed to phasing out coal by 2040. YOUHOU.