Surely you have already seen it on Facebook a long time ago, shared by your mom or your unemployed cousin: burglars use signs to mark the doors of the inhabitants. It allows them to learn from each other about the habits of the people who live there in order to fly (or not) safely. In short, it’s a well-established system to know if you don’t want to be robbed and, above all, if you want to understand what that weird cross is that we found on the door yesterday.
Ps: I want to confess that I never believed in this code.
1. If there are 5 vertical lines crossed by a horizontal line, there is a lot of money here
Table of Contents
It seems that Mark Zuckerberg’s door is full of them. At the same time the guy has a lot of money, more than you can count, like at least 20000 euros (yes I’m bad at estimating people’s fortunes).
2. A half sun with a black dot means the way is clear
So there’s no one inside. A surprising sign, since people come and go in their apartment; it is not because at one moment there is nobody that an hour later there will not be someone. This burglar code looks a little bogus.
3. Thieves can enter the letter of the day to come to burglary
For example, if there is a “D”, it means you have to come and burgle on Sunday. While people are at mass or at their butcher’s ordering a lamb “for 4 big eaters” which in reality means “serve me a lamb for 8 people because we will be 4 guzzlers”.
4. Burglars can also enter the time of day when you can steal
Gender “M” for morning, or “AM” for afternoon, or “N” for night. Simple what. And we can even mix with days of the week, and it gives a “DM” for “Sunday morning” or a “LAM” for Monday afternoon. It’s super smart. Even though I still don’t believe it.
5. A grid = attention danger
A danger so dangerous that the guy still takes the time to scratch a small burglary on the door. The credibility rate of this burglar code continues to drop.
6. An “X” means the house will soon be broken into.
In the end, that’s still a little plausible because it means that the guys did some scouting and they indicated the place for another team to come and do it. WHY NOT.
7. This symbol means that the husband is sensitive to women
I swear to you, that’s what we find in the publications that have been circulating on Facebook for years. As if some guys had taken the time to spot that. What next ? Husband is allergic to peanuts? The husband puts a little too much salt in his dishes? No but anything.
8. This symbol means the owner is brutal
To draw that kind of conclusion, the thieves must have been watching the guy for weeks. At this level, you might as well find a real job in the end. A legal job that is not likely to send you to jail. Well, that’s just advice.
9. This symbol means: “the owner of the premises had a kidney stone 5 years ago”
Yeah it’s super accurate but really shouldn’t underestimate burglars, they’re pros.
10. This symbol means that a single woman lives here and that she is currently watching episode 5 of the 3rd season of Stranger Things, thinking back to the time when she had gastrointestinal in sixth grade and that she had vomited on her crush who was called Valentin Girard
Not so useful information but which has the merit of being very well informed. Only genius burglars can achieve this level of precision.