These Berlin Clubs are the First Ones to Re-Open

photo: Birgit & Bier.

Despite many different efforts and many alternative concepts, it is the Berlin club scene that is probably suffering the most from the Berlin cultural landscape during the pandemic, as the majority of venues have now been closed for more than a year. While their future is on the line and a reopening to indoor party isn’t really on the inside, at least one political movement has managed to recognize them as places of culture, which makes a big difference for them in terms of taxes and financing.

But Berlin nightlife has always been inventive, much like last year after the first lockdown where the few clubs that have the luxury of an outdoor space came up with alternative usage concepts such as beer gardens for be able to partially reopen. over the summer the same is happening right now with the first clubs already open again for guests.

If you are already looking to dance we have to disappoint you, there is no word yet when the clubs can once again organize outdoor parties like last year. But I think with rapid tests available for free across the city, we would expect this to happen much sooner than last year. What concerns us, however, is the fact that only about 25% of all places even have outdoor space. So what happens to the remaining 75%? We hope that the city can come up with concepts to support these places and somehow fill the void that these places leave.

The Berlin Clubcommission has compiled a few lists of clubs that are currently reopening with “light concepts” using their outdoor spaces like beer gardens and bars. The fact that there are still no parties might seem a bit of a letdown, but remember these are still our safe spaces and places to gather. We have to be there and support them even under these strange circumstances, otherwise they might not be there afterwards. The list is as follows:

The following locations are also open as free rapid covid test centers. It makes sense that clubs are already setting up the infrastructure for on-the-go testing. I wouldn’t be surprised if these clubs were the first to allow dancing once the test returns negative. But we’ll have to be patient until that happens.

What we also look forward to are new concepts on how the club spaces are used for other forms of cultural expression and entertainment such as the immersive Overmorrow exhibition at Wilde Renate or the various exhibitions and installations in Berghain and Hall. We hope there will be more formats like this.

But of course, more than anything, we can’t wait to dance again!

Diesen Artikel auf deutsch lesen.

Franc
through Franc
as of June 1, 2021
in Clubs, Pandemic, Party

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content is protected !!