If you’re looking for a delicious meal that’s both healthy and satisfying, then you should definitely try this perfectly crispy air fryer whole chicken recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a great way to add more protein to your diet. And the best part is that it’s cooked in an air fryer, which means no added oil and fewer calories than traditional fried chicken.
Health Benefits of Whole Chicken
Chicken, in general, is a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle and tissue in our bodies. In addition, it’s a low-fat and low-calorie food that’s ideal for weight loss and weight management. A 100-gram serving of roasted, skinless chicken breast provides about 31 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and only 165 calories.
Moreover, chicken is also a good source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and niacin. Vitamin B6 is important for maintaining healthy brain function and preventing cardiovascular disease, while vitamin B12 is crucial for red blood cell formation and nervous system function. Phosphorus is essential for strong bones and teeth, and niacin is necessary for proper metabolism.
Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
– 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat your air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
3. Rub the chicken with olive oil and then sprinkle the spice mixture all over the chicken, making sure to cover it evenly.
4. Place the seasoned chicken in the air fryer basket, breast-side down.
5. Cook the chicken for 30 minutes at 360°F (182°C).
6. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should read 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the chicken.
8. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
1. Can I use other spices or herbs for the seasoning?
Yes, you can use any herbs and spices that you prefer. You can try adding cumin, coriander, oregano, or even lemon zest to give the chicken a different flavor.
2. Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?
No, you don’t have to marinate the chicken beforehand. The spice rub alone is enough to give it a delicious flavor. But if you want to marinate the chicken, you can mix some olive oil, lemon juice, and your desired seasonings in a zip-top bag, then add the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
3. How long does it take to cook a whole chicken in an air fryer?
The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken and the temperature of your air fryer. Generally, a 4-pound chicken will take about 60-70 minutes to cook at 360°F (182°C). But it’s best to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken and make sure it’s fully cooked.
This perfectly crispy air fryer whole chicken recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal without all the added calories and fat of traditional fried chicken. With a few simple seasonings and about an hour of cooking time, you’ll have a deliciously juicy chicken that’s packed with protein and nutrients. So give it a try and discover a new favorite dish!