The perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe encompasses an ideal balance of soft, chewy, and crispy texture, combined with a rich dose of chocolate. Everyone loves a perfect cookie, and nothing can replace the classic that we all love. With that said, let’s dive in and learn how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies and the health benefits of devouring them in moderation.
– 2 and 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 tbsp. cornstarch
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. salt
– ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened but still cool)
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and whisk them together.
3. Mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until well combined, light, and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla, and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
7. Put the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
8. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Roll cookie dough into small balls, about 1.5 inches in diameter, and place them 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them.
11. Pull the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The primary ingredient in chocolate chip cookies is obviously sugar, butter, and chocolate chips. Thus, cookies in general should be considered a guilty pleasure, and consuming them excessively is not recommended. However, there are some health benefits one should not overlook.
Firstly, according to the National Library of Medicine, consuming homemade baked goods with family and friends can boost mood, reduce stress, and even improve cognitive functions. Therefore, enjoying a couple of chewy chocolate chip cookies in moderation with your loved ones can have a positive effect on our mental wellbeing.
Secondly, chocolate has been known to improve cardiovascular health. Studies show that consuming dark chocolate, in particular, can lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and improve blood flow. Using good quality chocolate chips in your cookies can be a tasty and beneficial way to incorporate healthy doses of chocolate into your diet.
Q: What makes the best chocolate chip cookies?
A: The best chocolate chip cookie will have a crispy edge and a chewy center, which comes down to the right ratio of ingredients. Using brown sugar and butter instead of granulated is ideal to achieve this texture combination.
Q: How can I make my cookies softer and chewier?
A: Use regular flour instead of cake or pastry flour, and reduce the amount of sugar used by a quarter cup. Resting the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before baking will also help prevent the cookies from spreading too thin, resulting in softer and chewier cookies.
Q: Can I use different types of chocolate chips?
A: Of course! You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semisweet chocolate chips. They all bring a different flavor profile to the table, and you can experiment with different ratios to find your perfect balance.
In conclusion, the perfect chocolate chip cookie is a combination of careful ingredient selection, the right balance between crispy and chewy texture, and a pinch of tender loving care. Enjoy these homemade tasty treats in moderation with your loved ones, and you will surely appreciate the benefits it brings to your life.