The Must-Watch Shows and Movies Currently Streaming on Hulu
In today’s era of digital streaming platforms, Hulu has emerged as a top contender for your binge-watching cravings. With a wide range of shows and movies to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide what to watch next. To make your decision easier, we have curated a list of must-watch shows and movies currently streaming on Hulu. From gripping dramas to hilarious comedies, from timeless classics to new releases, there is something for every mood and taste. So grab your popcorn, sit back, and let’s dive into the world of Hulu!
1. “The Handmaid’s Tale” (TV Series):
Based on Margaret Atwood’s iconic novel, “The Handmaid’s Tale” takes you to a dystopian future where fertile women are enslaved to bear children for powerful families. This gripping drama series starring Elisabeth Moss has received critical acclaim for its powerful storytelling, stellar performances, and its thought-provoking exploration of themes like oppression, women’s rights, and societal dynamics.
2. “Normal People” (TV Series):
Adapted from Sally Rooney’s bestselling novel, “Normal People” is a love story that explores the complex relationship between two Irish teenagers, Marianne and Connell, as they navigate their way through love, friendship, and societal pressures. With its raw and honest portrayal of intimate moments, this series has struck a chord with audiences worldwide.
3. “Parasite” (Film):
Winner of four Academy Awards, including Best Picture, “Parasite” is a Korean masterpiece directed by Bong Joon-ho. The film follows the lives of two families from different social classes, highlighting the cruel realities of economic disparities. With its impeccable storytelling, stunning cinematography, and brilliant performances, “Parasite” is a must-watch for any movie lover.
4. “Little Fires Everywhere” (TV Series):
Based on Celeste Ng’s bestselling novel, “Little Fires Everywhere” depicts the lives of the intertwined Richardson and Warren families in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington, this drama series delves deep into issues of race, motherhood, and privilege, revealing secrets and igniting emotional sparks.
5. “Palm Springs” (Film):
Looking for a refreshing and hilarious time-loop comedy? Look no further than “Palm Springs.” Starring Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti, this film takes a unique twist on the concept of reliving the same day over and over again. With its clever writing, relatable characters, and unexpected surprises, “Palm Springs” is a delightful watch.
6. “Fargo” (TV Series):
Inspired by the Coen brothers’ film of the same name, “Fargo” is an anthology crime drama series that weaves dark comedy into its intriguing narratives. Each season introduces a new set of characters and stories, all set against the backdrop of the distinctive Fargo, North Dakota, atmosphere. The series has received critical acclaim for its stellar cast, intricate plots, and masterful storytelling.
7. “Atlanta” (TV Series):
Created by and starring Donald Glover, “Atlanta” follows the life of Earn, a young man trying to navigate the Atlanta music scene while facing various challenges. This critically acclaimed series offers a unique blend of comedy and drama, tackling important social issues with a distinct and refreshing voice.
8. “Nomadland” (Film):
Directed by Chloé Zhao, “Nomadland” tells the story of Fern, a woman who, after the economic collapse of a company town in rural Nevada, embarks on a journey as a modern-day nomad. This powerful film charts Fern’s experiences and encounters with fellow travelers, painting a poignant picture of resilience, loss, and the search for meaning. “Nomadland” has garnered critical acclaim and numerous awards, including the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival.
9. “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (TV Series):
If you’re in the mood for a lighthearted and hilarious sitcom, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is the perfect choice. This ensemble comedy follows the misadventures of Detective Jake Peralta and his quirky colleagues at the fictional 99th precinct of the New York City Police Department. With its witty writing, lovable characters, and perfect comedic timing, this series is guaranteed to brighten your day.
10. “The Great” (TV Series):
“The Great” is a satirical drama series loosely based on the life of Catherine the Great, the longest-ruling female leader of Russia. Starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, this irreverent and darkly humorous series offers a fresh take on historical narratives, blending comedy, drama, and political intrigue in an addictive package.
FAQs about Hulu:
Q: How much does Hulu cost?
A: Hulu offers different subscription plans. The basic ad-supported plan costs $5.99 per month, while the ad-free plan costs $11.99 per month. There is also a Hulu + Live TV plan available for $64.99 per month.
Q: Can I watch Hulu on multiple devices?
A: Yes, Hulu allows you to watch on multiple devices simultaneously. The basic plan allows streaming on two screens at a time, while the Hulu + Live TV plan supports streaming on unlimited screens within your home and up to three screens outside of your home.
Q: Can I download shows and movies on Hulu?
A: Yes, with the Hulu app, you can download select titles for offline viewing. This feature is available for Hulu (No Ads) plan, Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan, and Hulu (Ad-Supported) plan subscribers.
Q: What other benefits does Hulu offer?
A: Aside from a vast library of shows and movies, Hulu also provides original programming, exclusive content, and the option to add premium networks like HBO and Showtime to your subscription.
Q: Are there any parental controls on Hulu?
A: Yes, Hulu offers parental controls that allow you to set content restrictions based on ratings. This ensures that children can only access age-appropriate content.
Best Practices, Tips, and Tricks when using Hulu:
1. Explore the Hulu Originals: Hulu offers a wide range of original programming, including award-winning shows and movies. Take the opportunity to discover these unique and innovative titles.
2. Create Profiles: If you’re sharing your Hulu account with family members or friends, consider creating individual profiles. This allows you to personalize your viewing experience and receive personalized recommendations.
3. Make the most of My Stuff: With the “My Stuff” feature, you can save your favorite shows and movies for easy access, receive notifications for new episodes, and keep track of your progress within a series.
4. Take Advantage of Hulu’s Recommendations: Hulu’s algorithm analyzes your viewing habits to offer personalized recommendations. Give some of these suggestions a chance, as you may discover new shows and movies you’ll love.
5. Enjoy Live TV Streaming: If you have subscribed to Hulu + Live TV, make sure to explore the live channels available. This feature allows you to watch live sports, news, and other TV shows as they air.
6. Keep an Eye on Expiring Content: Some shows and movies on Hulu come with an expiration date. To avoid missing out, check the “Expiring” section regularly and prioritize watching your favorites before they are removed.
7. Take Breaks from Binge-Watching: While it’s tempting to binge-watch an entire series in one sitting, taking breaks between episodes can help prevent burnout and prolong your enjoyment of the content.
8. Engage with the Hulu Community: Join online communities and social media groups dedicated to discussing Hulu shows and movies. Engaging with fellow fans can enhance your viewing experience and provide valuable insights.
In conclusion, Hulu offers a treasure trove of must-watch shows and movies for every taste. From thought-provoking dramas to side-splitting comedies, from critically acclaimed films to binge-worthy series, there is something for everyone on this streaming platform. By following the best practices, tips, and tricks outlined above, you can enhance your Hulu experience and make the most out of your subscription. So, grab your remote and dive into the world of Hulu’s captivating content!