The job portal is revolutionizing the recruiting industry is fragmented, regardless of region of the world, and the reason is that recruiters want to find the best candidates, no matter where they are. Thus, recruiters post job offers on different sites. Likewise, even candidates use the most common means on the market to find job opportunities through online searches and they want to find the right jobs that match their criteria, regardless of the job sites. in which they are present.
Over time, the job market has changed, making it difficult for applicants and employers to get closer. This is how the entry to more niche and organized portals comes in. This is the reason why we have listed here Job Portal according to their category. There are hundreds of job sites, as well as apps, aggregators, social media channels, networking groups, and recruiting company websites. They provide many lists. Bad news? You can easily be overwhelmed by all the options. So, we only list here some of the most popular portals in India and around the world.
Note: This list is not based on any ranking measure.
Job Portal Website Category:
- Just for the game- Traditional job boards that list jobs posted directly by recruiters. Some of the best are Naukri.com, TimesJobs, Shine.com, Monster india, CareerBuilder India, etc.
- Social network– Good for passive candidates. There is no competitor for LinkedIn for the moment but Facebook is also working in this direction.
- Management jobs- These sites only focus on top management jobs. Ex: headhonchos.com, iimjobs.comand updazz.com
- Competition-based job sites These websites pose competition / challenges to applicants and make the results available to businesses. Ex: HackerRank, HackerEarth, and CodeFights.
- Niche sites- These are based on specific skills or areas. Ex: AngelList focuses on startups, Hasjob, Stackoverflow jobs, and TechGig focus on technical jobs.
- Traineeship- Sites like Internshala and Lettstern focus only on internships. Apart from that, even LinkedIn started the business-related internship program in the form of LinkedIn-MTV Find a job
- Job aggregators- Aggregators are job search engines. They exploration work published on others boards and gates, corporate websites and available recruiting sites. The advantage of such sites is that they have better coverage. Ex: Indeed, Simply hired, Careerjet.co.in, Google for jobs, Glass door, etc.
Sometimes recruiter, researcher, data analyst, career consultancy, job aggregators, etc. meet a very different requirement such as Data to feed the job aggregator site, Analyze employment trends and market and track your competitors. Even in such a scenario, these job portals come to the rescue, but extracting data from so many sites and compiling it for analysis is both hectic and complex. So in such a situation, most of the people / companies job scraping software. If you’d like to learn more about how it can be helpful to scrape vacancies, read here.