Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with Our Irresistible Butter Cookie Recipe
Cookies are one of the most loved treats around the world. Whether you are a kid or an adult, there is no age limit to enjoying a delicious cookie. But with so many different types of cookies available, it can be hard to choose which one to make. If you are looking for a cookie that is easy to make, delicious, and will satisfy your sweet tooth, then our irresistible butter cookie recipe is the one for you.
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
5. Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 tablespoon each, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Health benefits of butter cookies
While cookies may not be the most nutritious food out there, there are some health benefits to our butter cookie recipe.
1. Lower in sugar: Our recipe uses less sugar than many other cookie recipes, which can help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
2. Good source of dairy: Butter is the main ingredient in these cookies, making them an excellent source of dairy. Dairy products contain essential nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D, and protein.
3. Easy to portion control: Our recipe makes small, bite-sized cookies, making it easier to control your portion sizes.
Q. Can I use salted butter in this recipe?
A. Yes, you can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
Q. Can I freeze the dough?
A. Yes, you can freeze the dough. Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes, then transfer the balls to a storage container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, remove the dough balls from the freezer and let them thaw for 10-15 minutes before baking.
Q. Can I add chocolate chips or other add-ins to this recipe?
A. Yes, you can add chocolate chips or other add-ins to this recipe. Stir in 1 cup of your favourite add-ins, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit, before shaping and baking the cookies.
In conclusion, our irresistible butter cookie recipe is not only easy to make but also delicious and satisfying. And while they may not be the most nutritious snack out there, there are some health benefits to these cookies, including being a good source of dairy and lower in sugar than other cookie recipes. So go ahead and satisfy your sweet tooth with our irresistible butter cookie recipe today!