Samsung phone spontaneously ignites in plane
Yesterday evening at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, an ill-fated landed plane encountered serious problems. The crew used inflatable slides to evacuate all passengers after a fire started. Nobody was seriously hurt.
- A Samsung phone spontaneously exploded onto a landing plane in Seattle.
- The crew had no other choice than to deploy evacuation slides and evacuate all passengers. Nobody was seriously hurt.
- According to reports, the phone was a Galaxy A21.
According to some reports, the phone exploded spontaneously and set off a small fire. To extinguish it, the crew used a battery container bag — which is an emergency device that most airlines use — to put out the flames. The smoke had become so bad that an evacuation was necessary.
The incident was quickly handled and did not affect other flights on that day.
All lithium-ion batteries in smartphones and other electronic devices are susceptible to explosions and fires. This should not be viewed as a problem for the Galaxy A21, or any other Samsung smartphone. It was most likely an isolated incident that occurred at a poor time. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.