Quick and Easy: The Ultimate Guide to Making Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies!
Peanut butter no bake cookies are a delicious and popular dessert that many people love. The best part about this sweet treat is that it is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of making these yummy peanut butter no bake cookies.
Before we get started on making the cookies, let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need:
· 2 cups of sugar
· 1/2 cup of milk
· 3/4 cup of peanut butter
· 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
· 3 cups of quick-cook oats
· 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, it is time to start making the cookies:
1. Begin by melting the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add the sugar, milk, cocoa powder, and peanut butter to the saucepan and mix well to combine. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Once the mixture has come to a boil, set a timer for 1 minute and continue stirring. This will ensure that the cookies will be the right consistency and won’t be too dry or too wet.
4. After 1 minute, remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the quick-cook oats and vanilla extract.
5. Using a spoon, drop the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to leave enough space between cookies to allow them to spread.
6. Let the cookies cool for about 30 minutes or until they are set. Once they are set, enjoy them with a glass of cold milk or store them in an airtight container for later.
Now you might be wondering, are peanut butter no bake cookies healthy for you? While these cookies are definitely a sweet treat, there are some health benefits to eating them in moderation. Here are a few:
1. Peanut butter is a great source of protein. Since it is made from peanuts, it is packed with healthy fats and protein that can help keep you feeling full and satisfied after eating.
2. Oats are also a great source of nutrition. They are high in fiber and can help improve heart health, lower cholesterol, and regulate blood sugar levels.
3. Dark chocolate (the cocoa powder in this recipe) is loaded with antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
Q: Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter in this recipe?
A: Absolutely! You can substitute any type of nut butter in this recipe and it will still turn out great.
Q: Can I use old-fashioned oats instead of quick-cook oats?
A: Yes, you can use old-fashioned oats, but the cookies might turn out a bit drier and have a more chewy texture.
Q: How long will these cookies last?
A: These cookies will last for about a week in an airtight container at room temperature.
Q: Can I freeze these cookies?
A: Yes, you can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just be sure to let them thaw before eating.
Peanut butter no bake cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that everyone will love. With just a few simple ingredients and some quick cooking, you can have a sweet treat that is packed with health benefits. Give this recipe a try and enjoy these tasty cookies today!