Quick and Easy Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
Are you always in a rush in the morning and tend to skip breakfast? Do you want to eat a healthy breakfast but don’t have the time to make it? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss a quick and easy breakfast recipe that takes only two minutes to make- scrambled eggs in the microwave.
Health Benefits of Eggs
Eggs are an incredibly nutritious food that should be a part of your daily diet. They are an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, while vitamins like vitamin D, B12, and choline are essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
Eggs are also rich in minerals like selenium, iron, and zinc. Selenium is necessary for healthy thyroid function, while iron is essential for carrying oxygen to the body’s cells. Zinc plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system and wound healing.
Egg yolks are high in cholesterol, but recent studies have shown that consuming eggs does not increase your risk of heart disease. In fact, eating eggs regularly can improve your cholesterol profile and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Now that we know the health benefits of eggs, let’s move on to the recipe.
Recipe: Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Cooking spray or butter
1. Crack two large eggs into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add two tablespoons of milk to the bowl and whisk until the eggs and milk are well combined.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spray the inside of the bowl with cooking spray or add a small amount of butter to prevent the eggs from sticking.
5. Microwave the bowl on high for 30 seconds.
6. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir the eggs with a fork.
7. Microwave the bowl for another 30 seconds.
8. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir the eggs again.
9. Microwave the bowl for an additional 30 seconds or until the eggs are fully cooked.
10. Serve hot and enjoy.
1. Can I use water instead of milk?
Yes, you can use water instead of milk, but using milk makes the eggs creamier and adds more flavor.
2. Can I add cheese to the scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can add cheese to the scrambled eggs. Add the cheese during the last 30 seconds of microwaving and stir to combine.
3. Can I cook more than two eggs at a time?
Yes, but you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Microwave for an additional 20 seconds for each additional egg.
4. Can I make scrambled eggs in advance?
Scrambled eggs are best when made fresh, but you can make them in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving.
In conclusion, scrambled eggs in the microwave is a quick and easy breakfast recipe that is nutritious and delicious. With this recipe, you can have a healthy breakfast in just two minutes. Don’t skip breakfast anymore, try this recipe tomorrow morning and see how it makes a difference in your day.