- HMD Global just announced the Nokia T20 tablet, a first for Nokia’s newest parent brand.
- The tablet has some decent specs but doesn’t offer much to make it unique.
- It will set you back $249.99 / £199.99 for the 5G-capable model, and it’s available to order now.
HMD just took the wraps off the Nokia T20 tablet. The Android-based slate has some decent specs, close-to-stock Android, and a very competitive price.
Of course, making a great Android tablet takes more than offering good specs at a good value. With that in mind, it doesn’t appear HMD is pushing any real innovation here. Still, if you’re on the hunt for a low-priced Android tablet that can do the basics, this now seems a great option.
Nokia T20 tablet: What do you get?
The Nokia T20 is a 10.4-inch slate with a 2K LCD display at 2,000 x 1,200. It can max out at 400 nits of brightness, which isn’t bad but isn’t great, either.
Underneath the hood, you’ll find a decidedly low-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 chipset. Paired with that is 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage (although some areas of the world will see a 3GB/32GB variant, too). Either way, you get a microSD card slot to expand that storage up to 512GB if you need it.
On the front, there’s a 5MP camera. On the back, there’s an 8MP shooter. There’s a USB-C port for charging the 8,200mAh battery at up to 15W as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The whole thing runs on close-to-stock Android 11, and HMD Global says the Nokia T20 will eventually get Android 12. If you need mobile connectivity, there are 5G-capable models along with Wi-Fi-only variants.
Other than that, there are no truly unique special features of the tablet. It’s basically a big Nokia phone.
Pricing and availability
There are three variants of the Nokia T20. Not every country will see all variants.
- 5G-capable model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage — $249.99 / £199.99
- Wi-Fi-only model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage — £179.99
- Wi-Fi-only model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage — TBA
You can order the tablet starting today from many prominent retailers. Certain carriers around the world will also carry the cellular model.