In this era where binge-watching has become a norm, many OTT giant platforms have been releasing new and exciting content. As the pandemic forced us to stay locked up in our homes, we found ourselves turning to online streaming platforms for our daily dose of fun, excitement, and entertainment. There’s been a surge in the number of subscribers on platforms like Netflix, which has only fueled the need for more new and original content.
In the year 2021, Netflix is slated to release some of the most highly-anticipated series and movies. With something for everyone, here are some of the most awaited series and movies that are set to ignite a binge-watching frenzy:
1. Stranger Things 4 – This sci-fi horror drama series set in the fictional town of Hawkins is a favorite of many viewers. The series has a huge following, and fans have eagerly been waiting for its fourth season. The series has been created by the Duffer Brothers, and the cast includes Winona Ryder, David Harbour, and Millie Bobby Brown. The show is set to release sometime in 2021.
2. The Witcher: Blood Origin – This highly anticipated series is a prequel to the “The Witcher” series. The show takes place 1200 years before the events of “The Witcher” and will focus on the first Witcher and how the world of monsters and humans began. To add to the excitement, Shea Whigham, the renowned actor from the HBO series “Boardwalk Empire” has joined the cast, which will play a huge role in igniting the binge-frenzy.
3. Don’t Look Up – This movie starring Leoardo DiCaprio and Jeniffer Lawrence is a political comedy that highlights the media circus that surrounds scientific discoveries. Written and directed by Adam Mckay, the film is set to be a raging success and will be one of the most exciting and awaited movie releases of Netflix in the near future.
4. Ozark season 4 – This thriller series has kept fans at the edge of their seats from the very beginning. The series is about a family that moves to the Ozarks to launder money for a drug cartel. The fourth season of the series is expected to be released in 2021, and fans are eagerly waiting for it.
5. Black Mirror: Death to 2020 – This show by Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones might just sum up the outrageously ludicrous year 2020 was. The series is set to release sometime in December 2020, and it brings together talent like Samuel L. Jackson, Lisa Kudrow, and Kumail Nanjiani.
6. Red Notice – This action-comedy film featuring Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, and Gal Gadot is set to be one of the biggest releases of Netflix in the near future. The movie is about an Interpol agent and an art thief who team up to catch the world’s most-wanted criminal.
7. The Kissing Booth 3 – The Kissing Booth has been a hugely popular movie series that follows the adorable romance between Elle Evans and Noah Flynn. Fans are waiting for the third instalment to know if their favorite couple will be together or not.
8. Money Heist season 5 – This Spanish heist crime drama series has been acclaimed by audiences and critics alike. The show has kept its viewers hooked with its clever twists and turns. The fifth and final season of the show is set to be released in 2021. Fans are eager to know how the story ends.
9. Bridgerton – This Regency-era companion series to the world of CBS’ daytime drama “The Young and the Restless” is a dramatic tale of shared secrets and accomplishments in high society. The series follows the Bridgerton family through the highly-watched courtship season. It’s set amidst the opulence of 1810s London’s ton after receiving a beat of the hammer and mischievous whispers. The show is set to release on Netflix this December.
Overall, these series and movies offer something for everyone to look forward to. Netflix has done an impeccable job of curating a vast library of content that caters to different tastes and interests. With these new releases, Netflix is set to ignite a binge-watching frenzy that will keep its viewers entertained for days on end.
1. When will the fourth season of “Stranger Things” be released?
The fourth season of “Stranger Things” is set to be released in 2021. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific release date yet.
2. What is “Red Notice” about?
“Red Notice” is an action-comedy movie featuring Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, and Gal Gadot. The film is about an Interpol agent and an art thief who team up to catch the world’s most wanted criminal.
3. When will “Money Heist” season 5 be released?
“Money Heist” season 5 is set to be released in 2021. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific release date yet.
4. What is “Bridgerton” about?
“Bridgerton” is a Regency-era companion series to the world of CBS’ daytime drama “The Young and the Restless.” The series follows the Bridgerton family through the highly-watched courtship season set amidst the opulence of 1810s London’s ton after receiving a beat of the hammer and mischievous whispers. The show is set to release on Netflix this December.
Best Practices, Tips, and Tricks
1. Keep an eye on new releases: Netflix consistently releases original content, and it’s important to keep track of new series and movies that come out. Make a habit of checking Netflix’s new releases section for fresh content to keep your entertainment pool diverse.
2. Take a break between binge-watches: Binge-watching numerous episodes of a series can take a toll on your mental and physical health. Make sure to take breaks between watching episodes to rest your mind and body, so you can come back and enjoy the content.
3. Use subtitles: Watching foreign-language movies or series with subtitles can sometimes provide an even better experience. It helps you to understand the plot better and also gives an opportunity to learn different languages.
4. Share viewing accounts with friends and family: Netflix allows multiple profiles to share an account. You can share your account with your friends or family to watch together, thus saving money and having fun together.
5. Install a VPN: A Virtual Private Network (VPN) can give access to international content, which is often restricted in particular regions. It also protects your privacy by making it difficult for hackers to track your online activity. Check out our top-rated VPNs to help you browse content at a safe distance.
Netflix’s new releases in 2021 will undoubtedly leave audiences on the edge of their seats. From our highlights, there are different genres to pick from – ranging from sci-fi drama to light-hearted comedy films. To ensure a well-rounded viewing experience, follow our best practices and tips for safe-keeping of your mind and body while enjoying great content. Rest assured, Netflix has got you covered with new, exciting, and diverse content that will keep you engaged and entertained.