McConnell says ‘era of bipartisanship is over’ as talks in Congress grind to a halt – live


  • Majority leader says Republicans cannot back ‘extreme leftwing’ bills
  • Bernie Sanders says he has ‘limited patience’ with Republicans
  • Biden takes off for Europe on first overseas trip as president
  • Arizona audit backed by secretive donors linked to Trump allies

9.02pm BST

Joe Biden took the stage, invoking his son Beau in thanking the service members and their families at Mildenhall. “You’re the best in our country,” Biden said. “You’re the ones who sign up and run toward danger when duty calls. Less than 1% of Americans make the choice that you make, that you made. The other 99% of us, we owe you big.”

He briefly previewed the itinerary of his first overseas trip: the G7 summit. The Nato ministerial. And then “to meet with Mr Putin to let him know what I want him to know”.

8.44pm BST

First Lady Jill Biden is addressing US Air Force personnel and their families stationed at Royal Air Force Mildenhall in Suffolk right now in the United Kingdom.

She spoke of the importance of making sure military families have access to quality childcare and education, as well as mental health services as they provide support for their military loved ones.

Continue reading…



Source link

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content is protected !!