A man was stabbed to death as people gathered for a vigil to remember a recent knife attack victim.

Police were called at 9.10pm on Tuesday to reports of three men fighting in Alpha Road, Croydon, south London. A man who had been stabbed was pronounced dead at the scene, and detectives are confident the victim is Reece Young, 23.

The Metropolitan police said his family had been informed and were being supported by specialist officers.

Two men left the scene in a vehicle before police arrived, and later presented themselves at a south London hospital with stab wounds that are believed to have been sustained in the same incident. The Met said officers went to the hospital and arrested both men on suspicion of murder.

The first man, aged 33, remains in hospital where he is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries. The second man, believed to be in his 30s, assaulted police officers and NHS staff after his arrest, before forcing his way out of the hospital, according to the Met. An urgent search was carried out and he was returned to custody on Wednesday evening.

DCI Richard Vandenbergh, who is leading the investigation, said: “We believe this incident was witnessed by a number of people. They had gathered for a small vigil in remembrance of another recent fatal stabbing victim when an altercation began.

“Some of those people have already spoken to police, but I believe there are others who captured images and video of what happened. I need those people to contact us immediately.

“The information they have could prove vital in establishing the chain of events that has led to a young man losing his life.”

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.

Source link

By Chief Editor

CEO, Chief Editor, Reporting curated news on all matters. Publishing News on all topics at DailyHindNews.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.