The Loose Side French Braid is a beautiful and trendy hairstyle that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It’s a classic French braid with a modern twist that involves braiding the hair to one side of the head rather than down the middle. This hairstyle is perfect for those with long hair who want to add some texture and dimension to their look, while also keeping their hair out of their face.
To achieve the Loose Side French Braid, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Begin by brushing your hair to remove any tangles or knots. Then, part your hair to one side, making sure it’s neat and even.
Step 2: Starting at your hairline, take a small section of hair from the top of your head and divide it into three equal parts.
Step 3: Begin braiding your hair by crossing the right section over the middle section, and then the left section over the middle section. Repeat this process until you reach the nape of your neck.
Step 4: Once you reach the nape of your neck, continue braiding your hair but start adding in small sections of hair from the side of your head that the braid is on. Do this until all your hair is incorporated into the braid.
Step 5: Finish off the braid by securing the end with a hair tie or a clear elastic. Pull out some strands of hair from the braid to give it a more relaxed and messy look.
One of the biggest benefits of the Loose Side French Braid is its versatility. It’s a great hairstyle for any occasion, whether you’re heading to work, a formal event, or just running errands. It’s also perfect for those who want to keep their hair out of their face while still looking stylish and put together.
However, it’s important to take care of your hair to maintain the health and integrity of your locks. Here are some natural hair care tips that can help you keep your hair healthy and beautiful:
- Wash your hair regularly but not too often. Over-washing your hair can strip it of its natural oils and cause damage. Aim to wash your hair every 2-3 days, or less if your hair is very dry.
- Use natural hair products. Avoid using hair products that contain harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances, as they can cause damage to your hair and scalp. Look for products that contain natural ingredients like essential oils, shea butter, and aloe vera.
- Brush your hair gently. Brushing your hair too vigorously can cause breakage and damage. Use a wide-tooth comb or a soft-bristled brush to gently detangle your hair.
- Avoid using heat styling tools. Heat styling tools like flat irons and curling irons can cause damage to your hair over time. If you must use these tools, use a heat protectant spray and keep the heat setting on low.
- Get regular trims. Regular trims can help prevent split ends and keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant. Aim to get a trim every 6-8 weeks.
By following these natural hair care tips and trying out the Loose Side French Braid, you can keep your hair looking beautiful and healthy. So go ahead and give it a try – you’ll be amazed at how easy and stylish this hairstyle can be!
Table of Contents
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Loose Side French Braid:
Is the Loose Side French Braid difficult to do?
The Loose Side French Braid can be a bit challenging if you’ve never braided your own hair before. However, with practice, it becomes easier to achieve. Just make sure you have a mirror handy and take your time with each step.
Can the Loose Side French Braid be done on shorter hair?
The Loose Side French Braid is best suited for those with medium to long hair. If you have shorter hair, you may not be able to achieve the same look, but you can still try variations of the braid that work with your hair length.
How long does it take to do the Loose Side French Braid?
The time it takes to do the Loose Side French Braid can vary depending on your hair length and skill level. However, on average, it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to complete.
Can the Loose Side French Braid be worn for formal occasions?
Yes, the Loose Side French Braid can be dressed up for formal occasions by adding some hair accessories like a jeweled clip or a floral crown.
How can I make the Loose Side French Braid last longer?
To make your Loose Side French Braid last longer, use a hairspray or styling gel to set the braid in place. You can also try wrapping a scarf around your head at night to help prevent the braid from unraveling while you sleep.