Chicken breast is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen that can be cooked in multiple ways and can be served with different sides. When properly cooked, chicken breast can be juicy, tender, and flavorful. In this article, we’ll share a perfectly roasted chicken breast recipe that is juicy and delicious. We’ll also explore the health benefits of chicken breast and answer some frequently asked questions about cooking and serving chicken breast.
Health Benefits of Chicken Breast
Chicken breast is one of the best sources of lean protein. It is low in fat and calories, making it an excellent choice for people who want to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, forming enzymes and hormones, and supporting a healthy immune system. Chicken breast also contains essential amino acids that our body needs to function correctly.
Chicken breast is rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B6 and B12, phosphorus, niacin, and selenium. These nutrients play an important role in maintaining good health, including bone health, immune function, and cardiovascular health.
Chicken breast also contains antioxidants that help protect our body from harmful free radicals. These compounds may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
Perfectly Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
• 2 skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
3. Rub the chicken breasts with the mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
4. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
5. Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve the chicken with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad.
FAQs About Cooking and Serving Chicken Breast
1. How do I know when chicken breast is cooked?
Chicken breast should be cooked until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is reached. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast to get an accurate reading.
2. How long should I roast chicken breast in the oven?
The cooking time for chicken breast depends on the thickness of the meat and the oven’s temperature. Typically, chicken breast should be roasted in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Should I marinate chicken breast before roasting?
Marinating chicken breast can add flavor and moisture to the meat. A marinade usually consists of an acidic ingredient, such as vinegar or lemon juice, mixed with herbs, spices, and oil. Marinate the chicken breast for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours before roasting.
4. What are some healthy sides to serve with roasted chicken breast?
Roasted vegetables, quinoa, brown rice, and leafy green salads are all healthy sides that complement roasted chicken breast. Make sure to include a variety of colors and textures to add flavor and nutrition to the meal.
Chicken breast is a healthy, versatile, and delicious ingredient that can be cooked in many ways. This oven-roasted chicken breast recipe is easy to make and results in tender, juicy, and flavorful meat. Incorporating chicken breast into your diet can provide many health benefits, such as improving muscle health, supporting a healthy immune system, and reducing the risk of chronic diseases. When cooking and serving chicken breast, make sure to follow safety guidelines, including cooking the meat to the correct temperature and storing it at the right temperature.