Indulge Without Guilt: The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Who doesn’t love a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie? It’s a classic treat that never goes out of style. However, traditional chocolate chip cookies are often filled with butter, eggs, and sugar, making them a not-so-healthy indulgence. But fear not, because with this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe, you can have your cookies and eat them guilt-free too!
Vegan chocolate chip cookies are not only kinder to animals, but they are also healthier for you. Here are just a few of the health benefits:
1. No cholesterol: Cholesterol is only found in animal products, so by using plant-based ingredients, you can avoid it altogether.
2. Less saturated fat: Saturated fat is found in high amounts in animal products, and it can lead to heart disease and other health issues. Vegan chocolate chip cookies contain less saturated fat compared to traditional cookies.
3. More fiber: Whole-grain flour and oats are often used in vegan cookie recipes, which can provide more fiber than white flour.
4. Lower in sugar: With this recipe, you can control the amount of sugar you add, or even substitute it for a healthier sweetener like maple syrup or coconut sugar.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole-wheat pastry flour for a healthier option)
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup vegan butter (or coconut oil)
– 3/4 cup white granulated sugar (or a substitute of your choice)
– 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the vegan butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, one cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
5. Add in the water and mix until a dough forms.
6. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips using a spatula.
7. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form small balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
1. Can I use a substitute for vegan butter or coconut oil?
Yes, you can use any plant-based butter or oil of your choice. Just keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
2. Can I substitute the flour for gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free option.
3. Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to add in any mix-ins of your choice, like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or coconut flakes.
4. How can I store these vegan chocolate chip cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
In conclusion, this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is not only delicious but also healthier and more sustainable for both you and the planet. So go ahead and indulge without the guilt!