Indulge in These Delicious Hershey Kiss Cookies
Cookies are certainly something we can all agree on and something that never go out of style. And while there are plenty of variations of the classic chocolate chip cookie or sugar cookie, there’s something special about Hershey kiss cookies. These tiny bites of heaven are a classic for a reason and they never fail to put a smile on people’s faces.
If you’re looking for a comforting, sweet treat that’s perfect for any occasion, Hershey kiss cookies are just what you need. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also super delicious and satisfying. And the best part? They can be made in so many different ways to please every taste bud. So, let’s explore everything you need to know about these delectable cookies.
– 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
– 1 large egg
– 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1 cup Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss gently into the center of each cookie.
8. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Health Benefits of Hershey Kiss Cookies
While Hershey kiss cookies may not be the healthiest treat out there, they can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Here are some of the health benefits of the ingredients in these cookies:
1. Flour – Flour is a good source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, which gives you energy and keeps you full for longer periods of time.
2. Butter – Butter is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for vision and immune function. It also contains healthy fats that can help boost brain function and improve heart health when consumed in moderation.
3. Eggs – Eggs are an excellent source of protein, containing all nine essential amino acids that our body needs. They also contain vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, which promotes strong bones.
4. Hershey’s Kisses – While chocolate is generally not viewed as a health food, dark chocolate in moderation can have some health benefits. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that can help fight inflammation and improve heart health.
1. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of Hershey’s Kisses?
Yes! You can use any type of chocolate you prefer or have on hand, including chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chips.
2. Do I have to use parchment paper?
While you don’t have to use parchment paper, it makes it easier to remove the cookies from the baking sheet and can help prevent sticking. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can also use a silicone baking mat or lightly grease the baking sheet.
3. How do I store leftover Hershey kiss cookies?
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 2 months.
Hershey kiss cookies are a timeless classic that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re making them for a party or just for a sweet treat, they never disappoint. With their crunchy outside and soft, chocolatey center, they’re sure to be a favorite in your home. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!