Indulge in the Ultimate Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you’re searching for the perfect soft chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further. This recipe will leave you with gooey, melt-in-your-mouth cookies that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, as an added bonus, there are some surprising health benefits to indulging in your favorite treats, like these chocolate chip cookies.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1 cup white granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons hot water
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add it to the batter with the salt.
5. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well blended.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
8. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks.
While indulging in sweets shouldn’t be an everyday occurrence, there are actually some surprising health benefits to treating yourself to a sweet treat every now and then.
Eating something sweet, like these warm, gooey cookies, triggers the brain to release endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkillers and mood elevators. Endorphins promote feelings of pleasure and happiness, which can help to combat stress and anxiety.
In times of stress or anxiety, many people turn to comfort foods like cookies to soothe their emotions. Eating something indulgent, like these cookies, can help provide a sense of comfort and can remind you of happy memories and times, making it a great way to improve your mood.
1. Can I freeze cookie dough?
Yes! Scoop the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Freeze the balls until solid, then transfer them to a plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, simply place the frozen balls on a baking sheet and bake as directed.
2. Can I use different types of chocolate chips?
Absolutely! You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even a combination of different types of chocolate chips to create a unique flavor profile.
3. Can these cookies be made gluten-free?
Yes, simply substitute gluten-free all-purpose flour for the regular flour and you will have gluten-free cookies.
In conclusion, these soft chocolate chip cookies may be delicious indulgences, but they also have some surprising health benefits. So the next time you feel like treating yourself to something sweet, go ahead and bake a batch of these cookies, knowing that you’re also boosting your mood and providing yourself with a bit of comfort.