Soft and chewy sugar cookies are a beloved treat, perfect for any occasion. From birthday parties to Christmas celebrations, everyone loves these delightfully sweet treats. These cookies are also easy to make and require only a few basic ingredients, making them a popular go-to dessert option for many.
This recipe for soft and chewy sugar cookies is simple and straightforward, and the end result is sure to please any sweet tooth. The cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with flavor, making them the perfect indulgence for anyone looking to satisfy their sweet cravings.
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until fully combined.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Enjoy your deliciously soft and chewy sugar cookies!
While sugar cookies may not be the healthiest dessert option, they can still provide a few benefits when consumed in moderation. For example, they can provide a quick boost of energy due to their high sugar content. Additionally, the vanilla extract used in this recipe has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, while the butter used can provide a good source of healthy fats.
Q: Can I substitute margarine for butter in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter if you prefer. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cookies may be slightly different.
Q: Can I use almond or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A: It’s not recommended to substitute almond or coconut flour for all-purpose flour in this recipe, as the recipe was specifically formulated for all-purpose flour. However, if you do choose to use an alternative flour, you may need to adjust the measurements and cooking times accordingly.
Q: How long do these cookies stay fresh?
A: Stored in an airtight container, these cookies can stay fresh for up to 5 days. However, they are best when consumed within the first 2-3 days.
Q: Can I freeze these cookies?
A: Yes, these cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply store them in an airtight container or freezer bag and thaw them at room temperature before serving.
In conclusion, these soft and chewy sugar cookies are simple to make, deliciously sweet, and sure to please any dessert lover. And while they may not provide a ton of health benefits, they can still be enjoyed in moderation as a tasty indulgence. So go ahead and bake up a batch of these yummy cookies today!