Huawei said the new U.S. export rules to restrict access to key technology are “arbitrary and harmful”.
The Chinese tech giant warned investors that restrictions “inevitably” would harm his business and harm the global tech industry.
Last year the U.S. had already blacklisted Huawei, calling the company a threat to national security.
A statement states that the United States was in a relentless quest to tighten its grip on our company,
But President Guo Ping said at an analyst summit Monday: “Fortunately, we have survived so far.”
The U.S. said on Friday that it would require global semiconductor manufacturers who use U.S. technology and software in chip design to obtain U.S. government approval to ship to Huawei.
He said additional control has been needed to fill a gap that has emerged since the United States moved last year to block Huawei from accessing U.S.-made semiconductor chips, which form the backbone of many computer systems and phone.
“Our business will inevitably be affected,” said Guo Ping of the new rules. “Despite this, as the challenges of the past year have helped us develop thicker skin, we are confident of finding solutions soon.”
Since it was blacklisted in the United States last year, it has said that Huawei has been forced to rewrite the computer code, review purchases and spend thousands of hours to ensure business continuity.
“Huawei is just like this plane full of bullet holes,” he said. “Patching holes has been our priority for the past year.”
However, the company warned that the new rules would damage the company’s ability to serve and maintain its networks and services for billions of customers worldwide. Huawei said the U.S. campaign against the company would ultimately damage the country’s credibility with international companies.
“It will damage trust and collaboration within the global semiconductor industry and could increase conflicts and losses within these sectors,” he said.