Sweet potato fries can be a healthy and delicious alternative to regular french fries. They’re a great side dish for burgers, sandwiches, or even just to snack on. And the best part is, they’re easy to make! Here’s how to make sweet potato fries.
– 2 large sweet potatoes
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and peel two large sweet potatoes. Cut them into matchsticks that are 1/4 inch thick.
3. In a large bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
4. Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl and coat with the cornstarch mixture.
5. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
6. Spread the sweet potato fries out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through, or until they are crispy and golden brown.
8. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Q: Can I use a different oil besides olive oil?
A: Yes! You can use any oil that has a high smoke point, such as avocado oil or vegetable oil.
Q: Can I use a different seasoning besides the ones listed?
A: Yes! You can use any seasoning that you like, such as cumin, chili powder, or Italian seasoning.
Q: Do I have to peel the sweet potatoes?
A: It’s not necessary, but the skin can be tough and may not become as crispy as the rest of the fries.
Q: Can I make sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
A: Yes! Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and cook the fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Q: How do I store leftover sweet potato fries?
A: Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5-10 minutes, or until crispy.
In summary, making sweet potato fries is a simple and delicious way to switch up your side dishes. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven, you can have crispy and flavorful sweet potato fries in no time. So try out this recipe and enjoy!