Sunny side up eggs are a classic breakfast dish that most people love! They are simple to make, and once you understand the basic technique, you can cook them like a pro every time. Follow the steps below to learn how to make perfect sunny side up eggs!
– Butter or oil
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan) and spread it around with a spatula.
2. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. This will help you avoid getting any shell in the skillet.
3. Once the butter or oil has melted and is hot, gently pour the eggs into the skillet.
4. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, if desired.
5. Cook the eggs until the whites are set, and the yolks are still runny. To achieve this, cook the eggs for about 2-3 minutes. You can also cover the skillet with a lid for the last minute of cooking to help the eggs cook through.
6. Remove the eggs from the skillet using a spatula and serve immediately.
Q: How do I know when the skillet is hot enough to add the eggs?
A: You can test the temperature of the skillet by spattering a few drops of water in it. If the water begins to sizzle and dance around the skillet, then it’s hot enough to add the eggs.
Q: Can I use a non-stick spray instead of butter or oil?
A: Yes, you can use a non-stick spray if you prefer. Just be sure to use a spray that’s specifically designed for cooking.
Q: How can I prevent the eggs from sticking to the skillet?
A: Be sure to use a non-stick skillet, and add enough butter or oil to coat the bottom of the pan. If your eggs are still sticking, you can try using a silicone spatula to gently lift the edges of the eggs as they cook.
Q: Can I cook sunny side up eggs without a lid?
A: Yes, you can cook the eggs without a lid, but they may take longer to cook through.
Q: What can I serve with sunny side up eggs?
A: Sunny side up eggs go great with a variety of sides, such as toast, bacon, sausage, avocado, or roasted veggies. Get creative and experiment with different combinations!