Shrimp scampi is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many. The flavorful combination of garlic, butter, and shrimp is hard to resist. If you are looking to make this dish at home, here is a step-by-step recipe that is easy to follow.
– 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 6 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup of white wine (optional)
– 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
– 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 lb of linguine or spaghetti
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the butter to the skillet and allow it to melt completely.
4. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
5. Add the white wine (if using) to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
6. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are pink and cooked through.
7. Add the lemon juice, chopped parsley, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and stir to combine.
8. Season the shrimp scampi with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the shrimp scampi over the cooked pasta with extra chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, and lemon wedges on the side.
1. What kind of shrimp should I use for shrimp scampi?
You can use any type of shrimp, but it is best to use large shrimp that have been peeled and deveined.
2. Can I use other types of pasta instead of linguine or spaghetti?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta that you like. Fettuccine, angel hair, or even penne will work well.
3. Is it necessary to use white wine in the recipe?
No, it is not necessary. You can leave it out if you prefer or substitute it with chicken stock.
4. Can I make shrimp scampi ahead of time?
It is best to serve shrimp scampi immediately after cooking. However, you can prepare the garlic butter sauce in advance and refrigerate it until ready to use.
5. How do I know when the shrimp are cooked through?
The shrimp should be pink and opaque when cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them as they can become tough and rubbery.
Shrimp scampi is a delicious and easy meal to prepare. This recipe is perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of effort, you can create a dish that is sure to impress. Don’t forget to use the FAQs section as a reference for any questions or concerns you may have along the way. Enjoy!