Fried rice is one of the most popular and delicious dishes in Chinese cuisine. It is quick and easy to prepare, and can be made with any leftover vegetables, meats, and grains you have on hand. In this article, we will provide you with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to make fried rice that is restaurant quality, as well as answer some commonly asked questions about the dish.
– 2 cups of cooked rice
– 2 eggs
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of frozen corn
– 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
– 1/4 cup of soy sauce
– 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1. Start by preparing your ingredients. Rinse your rice thoroughly in cold water and set it aside to drain. Next, chop your onion, garlic, and carrots into small pieces. Measure out your frozen peas and corn and set them aside. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, beat them, and set them aside.
2. In a large pan or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
3. Add the carrots, peas, and corn to the pan and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan, creating a well in the center. Pour the beaten eggs into the well and stir until they are scrambled. Once they are cooked, mix them with the vegetables.
5. Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine. Make sure to break up any clumps of rice with your spatula. Continue to stir-fry the rice and vegetables for another 3-4 minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
6. Pour the soy sauce over the rice and stir to combine. Stir-fry the rice and vegetables for an additional 1-2 minutes until the soy sauce is absorbed and the rice is slightly crispy.
7. Transfer the fried rice to a serving dish and enjoy!
1. Can I use brown rice instead of white rice for fried rice?
Of course! Brown rice can be substituted for white rice in any fried rice recipe. Keep in mind that brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice, so be sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I use any vegetables I have on hand for fried rice?
Absolutely! That’s one of the benefits of fried rice – you can use any leftover vegetables you have in your fridge. Just make sure to chop them into small, bite-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
3. Can I add meat to my fried rice?
Definitely! Cooked chicken, beef, or shrimp all work well in fried rice. Just make sure to cook the meat separately before adding it to the pan with the vegetables and rice.
4. Can I make fried rice ahead of time?
Yes, you can make fried rice ahead of time, but it won’t be as crispy as freshly made fried rice. If you do decide to make it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat it in a wok or pan over medium heat until it is heated through.
5. Can I freeze fried rice?
Yes, you can freeze leftover fried rice. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and label it with the date. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat it in a wok or pan over medium heat until it is heated through.