Creamed corn is a classic American side dish that is a hit at any family gathering or dinner party. Although it seems like a complicated dish, it’s surprisingly easy to make with minimal ingredients. Follow this easy recipe, and you can make delicious creamed corn in no time!
– 5 cups of frozen corn or kernels from 6 fresh ears of corn
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 cup milk
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add corn to the skillet and stir occasionally until warmed up.
3. Sprinkle sugar over the corn and mix well.
4. Add heavy cream, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir.
5. Reduce the heat to low.
6. In a separate bowl, mix flour and milk until there are no lumps.
7. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir everything together.
8. Allow the corn mixture to cook and thicken for 5-7 minutes until creamy.
9. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or your choice of herbs.
Q. Can I use canned corn instead of fresh or frozen corn?
A. Yes, you can use canned corn to make creamed corn.
Q. Can I use half-and-half instead of heavy cream?
A. Yes, you can use half-and-half instead of heavy cream, but the texture of the creamed corn will be slightly different.
Q. Can I make creamed corn in a slow cooker?
A. Yes, you can make creamed corn in a slow cooker by mixing all the ingredients together and cooking on low for 3-4 hours.
Q. Can I freeze creamed corn?
A. Yes, you can freeze creamed corn for up to 3 months. However, the texture may change once defrosted.
Q. Can I add cheese to my creamed corn?
A. Yes, you can add cheese to your creamed corn to make it richer and creamier. Simply grate your desired amount of cheese and add it to the pot after your corn mixture has thickened.
Q. How do I know when the creamed corn is done cooking?
A. The creamed corn is done cooking when it has thickened to your desired consistency. You can test this by dipping a spoon into the mixture and seeing if it coats the spoon. If it does, your creamed corn is ready!
In conclusion, creamed corn is a classic and delicious side dish that is both easy to make and versatile. With the right ingredients and steps, anyone can make this dish in no time. Follow this easy recipe and tips, and you will have everyone at your next gathering or dinner party claiming that you made the best creamed corn they’ve ever tasted!