How to Make Chicken Parmesan – A Perfect Italian Dinner
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that consists of breaded, fried chicken cutlets topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese. It’s a delicious and comforting meal that’s perfect for any occasion, and it’s easy to make at home with a few basic ingredients and a bit of patience. In this article, we will be discussing how to make chicken parmesan step-by-step, so you can enjoy this flavorful dish at home.
– 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
– 1-2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
– 1 cup Flour
– 2-3 Eggs
– 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
– 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
– 2 cups Tomato sauce
– Olive Oil
– Garlic Powder
– Dried Oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a shallow bowl and whisk together the eggs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Also, take two more shallow bowls – one for the flour and another for the bread crumbs.
4. Take the chicken breasts and trim off any excess fat.
5. Dredge the chicken breasts first in the flour, then dip them into the egg mixture, and finally coat them with the bread crumbs. Shake off any excess coating.
6. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken cutlets until they are golden brown on both sides, which should take around 3-4 minutes per side.
7. Once the chicken has been fried, transfer it to a baking dish. Spread a layer of tomato sauce over the chicken, making sure it covers the entire surface.
8. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce, followed by a layer of grated Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake the chicken in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. If you want your cheese to be more golden and crispy, broil the chicken for a few minutes at the end.
10. After removing it from oven, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the cheese to set and prevent it from sliding off the chicken.
11. You can serve it with some fresh basil on top of it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chicken Parmesan :
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. The cooking time may vary as the thickness varies.
2. Can I freeze chicken Parmesan?
Yes, you can freeze chicken Parmesan. Make sure you store it in an airtight container or freeze bag for around 2-3 months.
3. Can I use store-bought tomato sauce?
Yes, you can use a store-bought tomato sauce. However, homemade tomato sauce adds a unique flavor to the dish.
4. Can I use other types of cheese besides mozzarella and Parmesan?
Yes, you can use other types of cheese like cheddar, provolone or asiago. But, for that traditional flavor it’s recommended to use mozzarella and Parmesan.
5. Can I make Chicken Parmesan ahead?
Yes, you can make chicken Parmesan ahead and reheat it in the oven at 350°F for around 15 minutes.
Making Chicken Parmesan may seem to be a challenging task. But, with the right technique and ingredients, you can easily recreate this classic Italian dish at home. The blend of crispy chicken cutlets, tangy tomato sauce, and rich cheesy topping makes it a perfect dinner option that everyone loves. You can also customize it according to your preference by adjusting the seasoning or cheese. So, next time you feel like having an Italian feast, give chicken Parmesan a try!