Chicken Alfredo is a creamy and indulgent Italian classic that is perfect for a special dinner occasion or a quick and easy weeknight meal. This recipe is a simple and straightforward guide to help you make the best Chicken Alfredo that will impress your family and friends.
– 1 lb. fettuccine pasta
– 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 4 tbsp. butter
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and black pepper, to taste
– Fresh parsley (optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt two tablespoons of butter. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the remaining two tablespoons of butter and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until fragrant.
5. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until the cream thickens.
6. Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir until it melts and blends with the cream to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
7. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, along with the cooked chicken. Toss everything together until the pasta and chicken are coated in the sauce.
8. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
1. Can I use other types of pasta besides fettuccine?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like, such as linguine, spaghetti, or penne.
2. Can I substitute chicken with other proteins?
Yes, you can use shrimp or salmon instead of chicken, or make it vegetarian by omitting the protein altogether.
3. Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
While milk can be used as a substitute for heavy cream, the sauce will not be as thick or creamy. You can also substitute with half-and-half or evaporated milk.
4. How long can I store leftover Chicken Alfredo?
Leftover Chicken Alfredo can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
5. Can I freeze Chicken Alfredo?
It is not recommended to freeze Chicken Alfredo as the cream-based sauce may separate and become grainy when thawed and reheated.