Breaded chicken is a classic dish that is loved by everyone, regardless of age. It has a crispy texture on the outside and juicy meat on the inside that makes it irresistible. Making breaded chicken may seem intimidating at first, but it is one of the easiest dishes to make. In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step process of how to make breaded chicken that will leave you asking for more.
First, let’s look at the ingredients you will need to make breaded chicken:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup of flour
– Salt and pepper
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– Cooking oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Start by mixing the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Now, take the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
6. Dip the chicken breast in the flour and shake off any excess. Next, dip it in the egg mixture and let any excess drip off. Finally, coat it in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken so that it sticks well.
7. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
8. In a large skillet, heat a generous amount of cooking oil over medium-high heat.
9. Once the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
10. Once both sides are golden brown, transfer the chicken breasts to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
11. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, cut into slices, and serve hot.
Q. Can I use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs?
A: Yes, you can use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. Panko breadcrumbs will give your chicken a lighter and crispier texture.
Q. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, but the cooking time may vary.
Q. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan cheese?
A: Yes, you can use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. However, Parmesan cheese gives the chicken a unique flavor, so it’s recommended that you use Parmesan cheese.
Q. Can I fry the chicken instead of baking it?
A: Yes, you can fry the breaded chicken instead of baking it, but make sure that it’s fully cooked.
In conclusion, making breaded chicken is easy and simple. Follow these steps, and you’ll have a delicious and crispy breaded chicken that will leave you wanting more. Don’t forget to experiment with different seasonings and spices to create a unique flavor. Enjoy!