Facebook released a new way to create a cartoon image of you last week. It’s called Avatars, and it’s similar to Bitmoji from Snap or Animoji from Apple. And it only takes about 10 minutes to install.
There are millions of different customizations to make your avatar look like you in real life, just as a cartoon. Once it’s set up, you can use the Avatar version of yourself as a sticker in comments, stories, and posts on Facebook.
Here’s how to configure Facebook avatars:
- Press the button in the lower right corner with three lines and navigate to “See more”. Select “Avatars”.
- Follow the prompts. It asks for your skin tone, hairstyle and other style characteristics.
- If you can’t find all of the options, try tapping the bar above the options and under your current avatar.
- You can select eye shape, eyebrow, nose shape, body shape and your outfit, among other customizations.
- When your avatar matches your appearance, tap the check mark in the upper right corner. There is also a selfie button below to compare the look of a photo of your face.
That’s all we can say about it. Facebook automatically downloads your avatar to its system so you can post it anywhere you want to leave a comment. You can also send stickers in texts and other applications via the Share button.