Ariel’s hairstyle is one of the most iconic looks from Disney’s classic animated feature film, The Little Mermaid. This beautiful red-haired mermaid has inspired many people to achieve her signature style. In this article, we’ll be providing you with a step-by-step guide on how to get Ariel’s hairstyle along with some valuable tips and tricks to help you perfect the look.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Ariel’s Hairstyle
1. Start by preparing your hair. Wash your hair thoroughly, and use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add some fullness and texture to your locks. Avoid using a hair serum or any oily products that may weigh your hair down.
2. Once your hair is dry, divide it into two sections, with one section in the front and the other at the back.
3. Take the front section of your hair and pull it towards your forehead. Make sure the hair is facing forward and not backward.
4. Use a curling iron to curl the hair in the front section away from your face. Begin curling from the root of the hair and take small sections at a time.
5. After you have finished curling the front section, take the back section of your hair and tie it into a low ponytail.
6. Create a mermaid-like texture by using a straightener to slightly curl the ends of your hair.
7. Take a small section of hair from the top of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to hide it.
8. Once the hair tie is hidden, use bobby pins to secure the wrapped hair in place.
9. Apply hairspray to keep the hair in place and retain the curls.
Tips and Tricks for Getting Ariel’s Hairstyle
1. Use a hair tie that matches the color of your hair to make it less noticeable.
2. For a more voluminous look, tease the hair at the crown of your head before tying it into the ponytail.
3. To make the curls in the front section last longer, use a heat protectant spray before curling.
4. If you have naturally straight hair, use a sea salt spray before curling to create a more textured and beachy look.
5. To add more authenticity to the style, wear a red wig or dye your hair red.
Q1. Can I get Ariel’s hairstyle if I have short hair?
A. It may be difficult to get Ariel’s hairstyle if you have short hair since the hairstyle requires medium to long hair. Nevertheless, you can still try to style the front section of your hair in the same way and then tie the rest of your hair back into a low ponytail or bun.
Q2. What type of curling iron should I use?
A. You can use a curling iron of any size, depending on the type of curls you want. For tighter curls, use a smaller barrel, and for looser, beachy waves, use a larger barrel.
Q3. How can I add more volume to my hair?
A. You can use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, apply volume mousse or spray on damp hair before drying, or use a texturizing powder on dry hair.
Q4. How can I make my curls last longer?
A. Apply a hairspray before and after curling your hair, or use a curl-defining cream to give your curls some hold. You can also use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer to dry your hair, which helps maintain curls longer.
Q5. Can I wear Ariel’s hairstyle for formal events?
A. Yes, you can wear Ariel’s hairstyle for formal events, especially if you want to add a touch of fun and playfulness to your look. You can also accessorize your hair with pearls, sea-inspired hairpins, or a tiara for an extra touch of elegance and magic.
Now you know how to get Ariel’s hairstyle, thanks to this step-by-step guide. Remember to use the recommended products and follow the tips and tricks to get the perfect look. The key to achieving Ariel’s hairstyle is to create loose curls and adding some texture and volume to your hair. So go ahead and channel your inner mermaid and rock this iconic look!