Ribs are one of the best comfort foods ever. They are juicy, flavorful, and incredibly satisfying. But you don’t have to go to a fancy restaurant to enjoy some delicious ribs. You can make them at home with just a few ingredients and a little bit of time. In this article, we will explain how to cook ribs in the oven, step by step. So, let’s get started!
– 2 to 3 pounds of ribs (beef or pork)
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tbsp. paprika
– 1 tbsp. garlic powder
– 1 tbsp. onion powder
– 1 tbsp. salt
– 1 tbsp. pepper
– BBQ sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 300°F.
2. Rinse the ribs under running water and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Remove the membrane from the back of each rack of ribs. This can be done by sliding a knife under the top layer of the membrane and pulling it off in one piece. The membrane prevents the spices from penetrating the meat and will make your ribs tough and chewy.
4. Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Rub the spice mix onto both sides of the ribs, making sure to evenly coat the meat with the mixture.
6. Place the ribs onto a baking sheet, bone-side down.
7. Cover the ribs tightly with aluminum foil. You want the ribs to steam and cook in their own juices, so the foil will help keep everything contained.
8. Bake the ribs for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
9. Remove the foil from the ribs and brush them with BBQ sauce.
10. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F and put the ribs back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is caramelized and bubbly.
11. Remove from oven, let the ribs rest for a few minutes, then cut them into individual portions and serve.
Q. How long should I cook the ribs in the oven?
A. Cook the ribs for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 300°F.
Q. Should I remove the membrane from the ribs before cooking them in the oven?
A. Yes, it is important to remove the membrane from the back of the ribs to prevent them from being tough and chewy.
Q. Can I use a different spice mix for my ribs?
A. Yes, you can use any spice mix you like. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and spices.
Q. Can I use a different sauce instead of BBQ sauce?
A. Yes, you can use any sauce you like. Some other popular choices include honey mustard, teriyaki, and buffalo sauce.
Q. Can I cook the ribs ahead of time and reheat them later?
A. Yes, you can make the ribs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. To reheat, cover them with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Cooking ribs in the oven is a great way to enjoy this delicious comfort food without having to fuss with a grill or smoker. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create moist and tender ribs that will impress your family and guests. Experiment with different spice blends and sauces to find your perfect rib recipe. So, go ahead and try this recipe and impress everyone with your cooking skills!