Fried rice is a popular dish that is enjoyed around the world. It is a versatile dish that can be made in many different ways and can incorporate a variety of different ingredients. If you are a fan of fried rice and would like to try making it at home, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss step-by-step instructions on how to make fried rice and answer some frequently asked questions about this popular dish.
2 cups of cooked rice
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 diced onion
1 cup of peas and carrots
1/2 cup of diced ham
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onions for garnish
1. Start by cooking 2 cups of rice according to the instructions on the packet. Once the rice is cooked, set it aside. It’s best to use cold rice for fried rice, so consider cooking the rice in advance and storing it in the fridge or freezer.
2. Heat up a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and diced onion to the skillet and stir-fry for around 1-2 minutes.
3. Make a well in the center of the skillet and add 2 beaten eggs. Let them cook for around 30 seconds before scrambling them. Once the eggs are scrambled, mix them in with the onions and garlic.
4. Add 1 cup of peas and carrots, and 1/2 cup of diced ham to the skillet. Stir-fry for around 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix everything together well. Make sure that the rice is evenly coated with the ingredients in the skillet.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the rice and mix it in well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Once the rice is heated through and all the ingredients are well combined, turn off the heat and garnish the dish with chopped green onions.
Your fried rice is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
Q: Can I use brown rice for fried rice?
A: Yes, you can use brown rice for fried rice. However, it may take a little longer to cook and may have a slightly different texture. It’s best to cook the brown rice in advance and store it in the fridge or freezer before using it for fried rice.
Q: Can I use any vegetables I have on hand for fried rice?
A: Yes, you can use any vegetables you like for fried rice. Some popular options include broccoli, bell peppers, and corn. Just make sure to cook the vegetables properly before adding the rice to the skillet.
Q: Is it necessary to use a wok for fried rice?
A: You don’t necessarily have to use a wok for fried rice. However, using a wok can help ensure that the ingredients are evenly cooked and mixed together. If you don’t have a wok, you can use a large skillet instead.
Q: Can I make fried rice ahead of time and reheat it later?
A: Yes, you can make fried rice ahead of time and reheat it later. However, it may not be as fresh and flavorful as when it’s freshly made. When reheating, make sure to add a little water or oil to the skillet to prevent the rice from drying out.
Overall, making fried rice at home is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a popular dish. Experiment with different ingredients and variations of the recipe to find your perfect fried rice recipe. Happy cooking!