How To Cook Chicken Thighs In The Oven
Chicken thighs are a popular cut of meat because they are flavorful, juicy, and inexpensive. They are also versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways, including baking them in the oven. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cook chicken thighs in the oven:
– 6-8 chicken thighs
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Prepare the chicken thighs by removing the skin, if preferred. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
4. Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken thighs, making sure to coat them evenly on all sides.
5. Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
6. Bake the chicken thighs for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken.
7. Once the chicken thighs are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks:
– For extra crispy skin, broil the chicken thighs for the last 5 minutes of cook time.
– If you prefer, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of bone-in chicken thighs.
– Experiment with different spice blends to customize the flavor of the chicken.
1. How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in the oven?
It typically takes 30-35 minutes to cook chicken thighs in the oven. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs and the oven temperature.
2. Can you cook chicken thighs with boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the same recipe?
Yes, you can cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts alongside chicken thighs in the same recipe. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary as chicken breasts tend to cook faster than chicken thighs.
3. How do you store leftover chicken thighs?
If you have leftover chicken thighs, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, place the chicken thighs in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
4. Can you marinate chicken thighs before cooking them in the oven?
Yes, you can marinate chicken thighs before cooking them in the oven. Marinating the chicken will help to add flavor and tenderness to the meat. Simply mix together your desired marinade ingredients and let the chicken thighs sit in the marinade for 2-4 hours before baking them in the oven.
In conclusion, cooking chicken thighs in the oven is a simple and delicious way to prepare this popular cut of meat. With just a few spices and some olive oil, you can create a flavorful and juicy meal that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. So next time you’re in the mood for some chicken, give this recipe a try and enjoy!