Chicken breast is a healthy and versatile protein that can be prepared in many ways. One of the quickest and easiest ways to cook chicken breast is by using a pan. Pan-fried chicken is a simple recipe that requires minimal preparation time and ingredients. In this article, we will guide you through a step-by-step process on how to cook chicken breast in a pan.
– Boneless, skinless chicken breast
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
– Remove chicken breast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
– Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Be sure to season the chicken evenly.
– Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Wait for the oil to heat up before adding the chicken breast.
– You can also use a cast-iron skillet, which is great for searing chicken.
1. Heat the pan: Ensure the pan is hot before adding the chicken. To check if the pan is ready, sprinkle some water on it. If the water sizzles, it’s ready.
2. Add chicken: Place the chicken breast in the pan and cook for about 6-7 minutes on one side. Avoid moving the chicken around too much as it can interfere with the browning process.
3. Flip the chicken: After 6-7 minutes, flip the chicken breast over and let it cook for another 6-7 minutes on the other side.
4. Check the temperature: Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it’s cooked through. It should read 165°F for fully cooked chicken.
5. Rest: Once you are confident the chicken is done, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the chicken juicier.
1. How do I prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan?
To prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan, ensure the pan is well-oiled and hot before adding the chicken. You can also use a non-stick skillet or add a small amount of butter to the pan.
2. How can I tell if the chicken is fully cooked?
The best way to tell if the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast, and make sure it reads 165°F. Alternatively, you can cut into the chicken to see if the juices run clear, but this can dry out the chicken.
3. Can I use other types of seasoning for the chicken?
Yes, you can use other types of seasoning for the chicken, such as garlic powder, paprika, or dried herbs. You can also marinate the chicken breast in your favorite marinade before cooking it in the pan.
4. Can I use frozen chicken breast for this recipe?
It’s best to use thawed chicken breast for this recipe. If you’re using frozen chicken, make sure it’s completely thawed before cooking it in the pan. Thawing the chicken in the microwave can partially cook it, which can affect the texture.
Pan-fried chicken breast is a quick and straightforward recipe that anyone can make. With only a few ingredients, you can make a delicious and healthy meal in under 30 minutes. Remember to follow the steps above and check the internal temperature to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked. With a little practice, you’ll become a pro at cooking chicken breast in a pan.