Healthy, Delicious and Easy – These Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a Must-Try!
Banana oatmeal cookies are one of the easiest and healthiest cookies you can make. Whether you’re looking for a healthy breakfast or a guilt-free snack, these cookies are the ultimate answer. They are packed with all sorts of nutritious ingredients, such as bananas, rolled oats, honey, and almond flour. These cookies are also gluten-free and vegan, making them perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions. Plus, they are so delicious, you won’t even realize that you’re eating something healthy!
The health benefits of banana oatmeal cookies are wide-ranging. Bananas are known for their low calorie, high-nutrient content. They contain vitamins B6 and C, as well as potassium and fiber. Bananas are also a low-glycemic index food, meaning they won’t spike your blood sugar levels like other high-sugar foods can. Rolled oats are another healthy ingredient in these cookies. They are a great source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Rolled oats have also been shown to help lower cholesterol levels in the body. Almond flour, the primary flour used in this recipe, is rich in healthy fats, fiber, and protein. These nutrients make these cookies not only delicious but also a great source of energy and nutrition.
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash your two ripe bananas.
3. Add in the rolled oats, almond flour, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drop the cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the outside.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Can I use other types of flour instead of almond flour?
Yes! You can use any flour you prefer, such as whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour. However, keep in mind that it may affect the texture and taste of the cookies.
2. Can I use other types of sweeteners instead of honey?
Yes! You can use other natural sweeteners, like maple syrup or agave nectar. Keep in mind that it may affect the taste of the cookies slightly.
3. How long do these cookies last?
These cookies can last up to one week in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to two months if you want them to last longer.
4. Can I add other ingredients to these cookies?
Yes! You can add anything you like to these cookies, such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts. Just be sure to adjust the amount of dry ingredients accordingly.
In conclusion, banana oatmeal cookies are a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make treat that you must try. They are perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time. Plus, they are so tasty, you won’t feel guilty indulging in them. Try these cookies on your own and discover their wholesome goodness.