Zucchini is a vegetable that is highly versatile and can be cooked in many different ways. One increasingly popular method of cooking zucchini is through an air fryer. This new way of cooking not only saves time and energy but also provides a healthier alternative to traditionally fried zucchini. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of cooking zucchini in an air fryer and how to cook it to get the most delicious and healthy results.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is a member of the squash family and is known for its numerous health benefits. Here are some of the main reasons why you should incorporate zucchini into your diet:
– Rich in Antioxidants: Zucchini contains antioxidants like Vitamin C, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which help to protect your cells against damage from free radicals.
– Low in Calories: Zucchini is a low-calorie vegetable, thereby making it a perfect option for weight watchers and those on a diet.
– Easy to Digest: Zucchini contains soluble fibers that help in relieving constipation and reducing bloating, making it easy to digest.
– Beneficial for Blood Sugar: Zucchini is a good source of fiber, which helps in regulating blood sugar levels and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Cooking Zucchini in an Air Fryer
Air fryers are becoming increasingly popular amongst health-conscious foodies because they help in cooking food without using excessive oil. Air fryers work by using hot air technology to cook your food, which mimics the traditional method of deep-frying but with a fraction of the oil. In addition, using an air fryer helps to cook food faster and evenly, which means your zucchini will be ready in no time. To cook zucchini in an air fryer, here are the steps:
– 2 medium-sized zucchinis
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and peel the zucchinis.
3. Cut the zucchinis into small bite-sized pieces or sticks.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the zucchinis with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Ensure all pieces are coated properly.
5. Place the zucchini in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
6. Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes to ensure even cooking.
7. Once the zucchini is crispy and golden brown, remove it from the air fryer.
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Q. Do I need to add oil in the air fryer while cooking zucchini?
A. Yes, you need to add oil to the zucchini to ensure it cooks evenly and gets crispy. Olive oil is a healthier option that works great in an air fryer.
Q. Can I cook frozen zucchini in an air fryer?
A. Yes, you can cook frozen zucchini in an air fryer, but it is recommended to slice the zucchini into smaller pieces and add a few minutes to the cooking time.
Q. Is air-fried zucchini healthy?
A. Cooking zucchini in an air fryer is healthier than deep-frying due to the minimal use of oil. Additionally, it helps in achieving crispy and delicious zucchini without compromising on its nutritional value.
In conclusion, cooking zucchini in an air fryer is a quick, simple, and healthy way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. Always remember to peel, chop, and mix the zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper to achieve the most delicious results. These bite-sized zucchini sticks can be served as a snack or a side dish and will surely be a hit amongst your friends and family.