Netflix has revolutionized the way we consume television and movies. From classic hits to exciting new programming, Netflix has become a go-to source for entertainment for millions of people around the world. With so many options available, however, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this article, we’ll share our top picks for the best shows and movies on Netflix, along with some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your streaming experience.
Best Shows on Netflix
1. Stranger Things: Set in the 1980s, this sci-fi thriller has quickly become a cult classic. With an all-star cast, including Winona Ryder and David Harbour, Stranger Things follows a group of friends as they search for a missing boy and uncover a sinister government conspiracy.
2. The Crown: This award-winning drama follows the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, her family, and the political events that shaped Great Britain from the 1950s to today. With stunning sets, costumes, and acting, The Crown is a must-watch for anyone interested in history or politics.
3. Bojack Horseman: This animated series may look like a kids’ show, but it’s anything but. Bojack Horseman follows a washed-up, alcoholic actor (who just happens to be a horse) as he tries to make a comeback in Hollywood. With sharp social commentary, complex characters, and an all-star cast, Bojack Horseman is one of the smartest and funniest shows on Netflix.
4. Master of None: Created by and starring comedian Aziz Ansari, Master of None explores the ups and downs of modern romance, career struggles, and finding your place in the world. With its unique blend of humor and heart, this show is a must-watch for anyone who loves witty, insightful comedy.
5. Narcos: Based on the rise of the Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, Narcos is a gripping crime drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With breathtaking scenery, intense action, and incredible performances from the cast, Narcos is a show you won’t want to miss.
Best Movies on Netflix
1. Roma: This critically acclaimed film from director Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity, Children of Men) is a deeply personal, beautifully crafted movie set in 1970s Mexico City. The story follows a young maid named Cleo as she navigates love, loss, and motherhood in a time of political turbulence.
2. Marriage Story: This heartbreaking drama from director Noah Baumbach follows a couple as they navigate the painful process of divorce. With incredible performances from Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story is a must-watch for anyone who has loved and lost.
3. The Irishman: Directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, The Irishman is a crime epic that spans several decades. With stunning visuals, expert pacing, and incredible acting, The Irishman is one of the best movies of its kind in years.
4. Goodfellas: Speaking of crime epics, Goodfellas is a classic that everyone should see at least once. Directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro, and Joe Pesci, this film tells the story of a young man’s rise through the ranks of the Mafia.
5. Moonlight: This Oscar-winning drama is a poignant coming-of-age story about a young man growing up in Miami. With stunning cinematography, incredible performances, and a powerful message about identity and acceptance, Moonlight is a movie that will stay with you long after the credits roll.
Q: Why is Netflix so popular?
A: Netflix has become popular because it offers a wide variety of shows and movies on demand, which allows for an unprecedented level of convenience and choice in entertainment.
Q: How much does Netflix cost?
A: Netflix currently offers a range of subscription plans, starting at $8.99 per month for the basic plan. Prices may vary based on your location and the plan you select.
Q: Can I watch Netflix on my phone or tablet?
A: Yes! Netflix is available on a range of devices, including smartphones and tablets. Just download the Netflix app from your device’s app store and sign in to start watching.
Q: Is there a way to download shows and movies from Netflix to watch offline?
A: Yes! Under certain conditions, Netflix allows you to download select titles for offline viewing. Just look for the download icon next to the show or movie you want to save.
Best Practices and Tips for Enjoying Netflix
1. Get organized: With so many shows and movies to choose from, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Create a list of the shows and movies you want to watch, and prioritize them based on your interests and availability.
2. Use profiles: Netflix allows you to create separate profiles for different users on your account. This can be a great way to personalize your viewing experience and ensure that you get recommendations tailored to your individual tastes.
3. Utilize subtitles and audio tracks: Netflix offers a variety of subtitle and audio options for many of its shows and movies. If you’re watching a foreign-language film or have trouble hearing dialogue, take advantage of these features to enhance your viewing experience.
4. Share with friends: One of the joys of watching shows and movies is being able to discuss them with others. Use the “watch together” feature on Netflix or invite friends over for a viewing party to make the most of your streaming experience.
5. Explore international programming: Netflix offers a wealth of shows and movies from all over the world. Take advantage of this to broaden your horizons and discover new cultures and perspectives. Who knows? You might even find a new favorite show or movie that you would never have discovered otherwise.
In conclusion, Netflix has become a powerhouse in the entertainment industry, providing viewers with a vast library of shows and movies at their fingertips. By utilizing profiles, subtitles, and audio tracks, as well as getting organized and exploring international programming, viewers can have a more personalized and fulfilling streaming experience. With our top picks for the best shows and movies on Netflix, viewers can jump into the exciting world of streaming without feeling overwhelmed. Happy watching!