Crispy and Juicy Chicken Tenders Made Perfectly in an Air Fryer!
Are you craving for a delicious snack but worried about calories and its impact on your health? We have the perfect solution for you! Air fryers have taken the world by storm as a healthier way to enjoy fried foods. The air fryer uses hot air circulating around the food to produce a crispy exterior, similar to traditional deep-frying, but without the excess oil and fat. In this article, we will show you how to make crispy and juicy chicken tenders in an air fryer.
– 1 pound chicken tenders
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
– Cooking spray
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C)
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
3. Beat the eggs in another shallow dish.
4. In a third shallow dish, add the Panko breadcrumbs.
5. Dredge each chicken tender in the flour mixture, then dip it into the beaten eggs, and lastly, coat it with the Panko breadcrumbs.
6. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the breaded chicken tenders onto the basket in a single layer.
7. Spray the top of the chicken tenders with cooking spray.
8. Air fry for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until the chicken tenders are golden brown and crispy.
9. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
One of the significant benefits of using an air fryer is the ability to enjoy fried foods without the added calories, fat, and cholesterol. Chicken is a healthier protein choice than red meat and is an excellent source of lean protein. By using Panko breadcrumbs instead of traditional breadcrumbs and deep-frying, you reduce the calorie and fat content. Moreover, air-frying reduces the formation of acrylamide, a harmful substance produced by deep-frying foods that may increase the risk of cancer.
1. How much oil is needed for air fryers?
Air fryers require little to no oil, and you can use a cooking spray instead of oil, making it a healthier alternative to deep-frying.
2. Can I cook frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken tenders in an air fryer. However, you need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
3. Can I use different breadcrumbs for chicken tenders?
Yes, you can use different breadcrumbs, such as seasoned breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs, to coat your chicken tenders. You can also add spices and herbs to the breadcrumb mixture to enhance the flavor.
4. Can I overcrowd my air fryer basket?
No, you should not overcrowd your air fryer basket as it will result in uneven cooking. It is best to cook your chicken tenders in a single layer and in batches if needed.
Air fryers are a versatile and healthier kitchen tool that allows you to enjoy your favorite fried foods without the added calories and fat. Chicken tenders made in an air fryer are crispy, juicy, and delicious, and with our simple recipe, you can make them perfectly every time. So, the next time you have a craving for fried chicken, skip the deep-fryer and try out our air fryer recipe. Your taste buds and your waistline will thank you!